Ashley Young: Redux

ramshackler

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t know what to think about this one,  very leftfield and totally didn’t see it coming.

I’m not averse to it nor am I thrilled about it. I loved him when he was here previously, gave me some of my favourite moments as a fan as his spell coincided with the years I frequented VP the most.

Skinning the Chelsea full back on the halfway line (Bosingwa I think) and drilling it across goal for Gabby to get a touch on it and in, the first of his two goals in the 5-1 demolition of SHA, the winning goal against Everton away late on and immediately after Lescott gave it the big’un, so it’s easy to look at this nostalgically but I think the reality is that Young is a very different player now surely? 

Perhaps I’m wrong, can’t say I’ve watched any of Inter’s games this season, but at 36 next month and having reinvented himself as a wing-back I’m not sure he’s going to be pulling up trees this time around.

Out of interest, when was the last time we re-signed a player? I can’t think of anyone since Gordon Cowans but surely must have been one since then?!

Steve Staunton? He played for us and Liverpool-twice!

Johnstone and Tuanzebe technically went back to United and then we re-loaned them.

Most players since who have left us we couldn't afford to take back, or we wouldn't want them back.

Edited by The Fun Factory

42 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's proper symbolic too. Left right before the beginning of the end is coming back when we're back properly challenging again. Like we're doing it right this time.

Fair weather fanny merchant more like.

On a serious note, it feels good to have him back. Was brilliant in his first spell, a model pro, and one of the early pioneers in the act of getting your knob out on Zoom calls - years before it became a global phenomenon during the Covid pandemic.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Fair weather fanny merchant more like.

On a serious note, it feels good to have him back. Was brilliant in his first spell, a model pro, and one of the early pioneers in the act of getting your knob out on Zoom calls - years before it became a global phenomenon during the Covid pandemic.

image.jpeg.0688670b9b1bf13bd16e91fde0a94091.jpeg

Cheeky.

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Welcome back Ash. One year deal too, really happy. If it works out great if it doesn’t it’s only a year. Shrewd by the club. Villa of the past would’ve offered a 2/3 year deal. 

This.

I just seen a picture in the 21/22 new kit thread and had to come in this thread to see if it was legit 🤣

Welcome back Ash, lets see if you can make it four 6th place finishes in a row for Villa! 

• Like 1

Said I'd be happy with this.  Looking at it actually having happened, seems I wasn't prepared for how happy I'd be.  Oh nostalgia, you sweet bastard.

• Like 1

Had a quick look to see what the Watford fans were making of it. Seen a couple of comments that he gave a virtually identical interview for them when recently linked with them. That’s almost quite funny if true!!

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â