Ashley Young: Redux

ramshackler

Got a feeling we will him more in advanced roles then as a fullback especially in a back 4, which he can obviously cover. He also opens up the possibility of playing 343 if the manager fancies having more options available to him.

• Like 2

Every transfer window we always talk about ex Villa players coming back. Most surprised it's Young. Me being 30 he has been the most exciting player I've seen at B6. 

I don't watch any Italian football so will be interesting at level he still plays at. 

• Like 4

• VT Supporter
Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Got a feeling we will him more in advanced roles then as a fullback especially in a back 4, which he can obviously cover. He also opens up the possibility of playing 343 if the manager fancies having more options available to him.

3-5-2 , 3-4-2-1, 3-2-3-2, 3-2-4-1 all the mu'fin formations. 

• Like 1

He was my favorite player from that era, was brilliant to watch. There are other players like Mellberg, Laursen and so on who I also love but Young was THE one.

Nice to have him back while obviously in a totally different role and situation. Also sure it was a player Grealish looked up to at the time.

• Like 2

Just now, Lord Willard said:

Every transfer window we always talk about ex Villa players coming back. Most surprised it's Young. Me being 30 he has been the most exciting player I've seen at B6. 

I don't watch any Italian football so will be interesting at level he still plays at. 

Football Soccer GIF by MolaTV

My favourite Ash moment back in the day - Everton winner notwithstanding - was goal no. 6 against Blackburn in the league cup semi.

If he even just reminds me of that’s when I see him sitting on the bench, I will be happy happy happy!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Football Soccer GIF by MolaTV

😂 He doesn't count, he is the exception that proves the rule 👀 

I just remember being a teenager being at the Villa with me Dad. Villa on the counter with Young on the ball. A roar from the crowd, a thunder of all the seats folding up at once with the excitement. Good times. 

• Like 2

• limpid changed the title to Ashley Young: Redux

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â