Ashley Young: Redux

ramshackler

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

By the looks of it we have 2 players in already,  we are bringing people in while other teams are trying work out a plan ,would you rather a return to the good old days o signing players all on deadline day? Thats what I would call failure to get preferred targets.

But where are our new shirts? 

Hope this works out for the best. Young always struck me as a bit of a prick in all honesty....

My only concern is that the squad is in a great place at the moment. Brilliant team spirit and camaraderie. I don't want Young to upset that.

I’m coming around to this. People might talk about his age etc, but we are light on the wings, we have no fullback cover at all and we could potentially be getting a guy to cover all 4 positions for free. 

Add to that the winning mentality of last decade or so at huge clubs, the fact that he knows the club and the city so won’t take anytime to settle in, and think think this is a very shrewd move 

• Like 2

Just now, jimmygreaves said:

Hope this works out for the best. Young always struck me as a bit of a prick in all honesty....

My only concern is that the squad is in a great place at the moment. Brilliant team spirit and camaraderie. I don't want Young to upset that.

I’m not sure he would have lasted 5mins under Fergie had that been the case. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yeah Fergie always had to be the biggest prick in any room

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Also a prick…

Maybe a debate for another thread, but the point still remains, anyone that was too big for their boots didn’t last long at UTD under him 

• Like 1

Given that he has just won the league in Italy, and the fact that there are apparently other clubs interested, I’m not actually sure why he’d want to sit on our bench. 

I don’t mean to sound like a hypocrite after saying I thing he’d be a shrewd signing, but he doesn’t start many games for us surely. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Given that he has just won the league in Italy, and the fact that there are apparently other clubs interested, I’m not actually sure why he’d want to sit on our bench. 

I don’t mean to sound like a hypocrite after saying I thing he’d be a shrewd signing, but he doesn’t start many games for us surely. 

I actually think we'll be surprised and he'll play more football than most are expecting.

He's the first backup in 4 positions, and could theoretically start with an injury or dip in form for any of those players.

• Like 4

i think I saw in one article a suggestion he wanted to be back closer to his family, so I suppose at that point it's who offers the best package from GB clubs. 

• limpid changed the title to Ashley Young: Redux

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â