Ashley Young: Redux

ramshackler

One year deal on 60k a week is great business. Targett's place will be far from certain (good competition will improve him), and Young could do a job on either wing as well. Great business, even if he is a bit of a planker.

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

All this nostalgia bs makes me wanna puke. I feel like a bird has shat in my mouth!

I fail to see how nostalgia or he was a great player for us, makes him a good signing. 

I always liked him and still do. But I don’t believe he'll be a good signing. These types of move always end in tears. Reminds me of the Lescott signing.

Gifs of a bird shitting in our new signings mouth hardly counts as nostalgia. Not where I grew up anyway. 

• Haha 1

• VT Supporter
2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

These types of move always end in tears. Reminds me of the Lescott signing.

Lescott was signed from a poor West Brom team managed by Tony Pulis. Young has just played regularly for a Serie A winning team who were keen to offer him a new contract.

Can understand people's reservations on this one, but it's a lazy comparison 

Played well last season for inter at left back, now with Taylor gone a decent signing for a season, as can operate on the wing of either full back position 

• VT Supporter
1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

How very, very dare you. To suggest that members of this esteemed electronic community are not fully aligned with the greater fan base cuts me to the core. Furthermore the suggestion that people here may be warriors of the keyboard and the keyboard only, is a slight on us all. You Sir are a bounder and I challenge you to a duel to the death. See you on the steps of The Holte in 10 minutes!!

Go On Popcorn GIF by swerk

• Haha 1

• VT Supporter
6 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

All this nostalgia bs makes me wanna puke. I feel like a bird has shat in my mouth!

I fail to see how nostalgia or he was a great player for us, makes him a good signing. 

I always liked him and still do. But I don’t believe he'll be a good signing. These types of move always end in tears. Reminds me of the Lescott signing.

Lescott was signed to be a starting CB. I highly doubt that Young on a short-term deal is integral to the future development of this team.

45 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Some people would pay good money to have a bird shit in their mouth.

The reality is never as good as the fantasy.

Errr... so i've been told :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Gifs of a bird shitting in our new signings mouth hardly counts as nostalgia. Not where I grew up anyway. 

sounds like a standard Saturday night with the boys where im from......

• Haha 1

Hmmm... not sure on this, Makes sense I guess. Can cover a number of positions, both at full back and on the wing.

He wouldn't some here to sit on the bench surely? He could have been a starter at Watford or Burnley. 

39 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Those who enjoy incorporating the word "gash" into our player's names in the Pre-Match Thread must be licking their lips. He'll lineup alongside such luminaries as:

El Gashy

Trezegash

Matty Gash

Matt Targash

John McGash

and of course....

Wesley Gash.

Welcome Gashley!

Nah, ones as obvious as Matty Gash always inexplicably use a more awkward pun, like Matty Crap or Wanky Cash

• Haha 2

• limpid changed the title to Ashley Young: Redux

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â