Ashley Young

maqroll

Good to see him back and also makes me a little sad. Remember going crazy when he scored that last minute winner vs Everton and then when he left, the decline started and I became more apathetic about Villa. 

My life has had a few ups and downs since too. 

I hope this is the continuation of Villa's rise.

Welcome back Ash

31 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Young didn't mentioned/wasn't asked about Eriksen in the interview. That makes me think maybe this was done  a couple of days ago as Ash is on his holibobs?

The pictures of him at VP, the sky is cloudy. Like it was today. Last few days its been blue skies around here. 

I reckon it was today. Although i'm no Columbo.

On 02/11/2012 at 01:05, maqroll said:

He's lucky if he starts a game, and doesn't really do much for them, does he?

I'd rate him a failure so far with Man U...

Anyone fancy a move for him in January? B)

Let's wait till June. 

• Haha 1

Interesting how he said he feels fitter than ever due to Conte’s emphasis on wing backs being able to get up and down the pitch.  He can play in a number of positions too. The more I think about it the more I think this is a great piece of business. 

Also like how once again it came out the blue!

• Like 2

This is a great move by the club. Young was brilliant for us when first here. Yes, he won't be the same player but what he will have lost in pace he will have made up for in nous, adaptability and, winning mentality. 

What a greatly experienced player to have on the books for the next season. 

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I like how we were complaining about set pieces and then we went and signed Buendia and Young. 

Do you know what really winds me up?  Not winning the league at a canter.

SHROUD PUBG HIGHLIGHTS #17 GIF by kratosgw | Gfycat

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 2

Something i find interesting watching the highlights of his season at Inter, is he really got stuck in physically, throwing tackles all over the place.

I think he will have a lot to offer.

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Ashley Old more like . This is the biggest case of false advertising since The Never Ending Story which has a run time of 1h 47m .

Totally on board for the upgraded set pieces mind you . 

Yeah, but to take those set pieces he has to be on the pitch. Who would you drop for him, unless they were injured or suspended? 

8 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

This is a great move by the club. Young was brilliant for us when first here. Yes, he won't be the same player but what he will have lost in pace he will have made up for in nous, adaptability and, winning mentality. 

What a greatly experienced player to have on the books for the next season. 

Look at how Miner is at Pool though he plays his heart out when he's in the field and at times can pull some excellent performances where he can't be beat, May get that from Young.

31 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Thought exercise for the jilted lovers people airing their legitimate gripes;

• Your team currently has only 2 senior full-backs, having released 2 of the squad's "older heads" in said position (the left-sided of which was - regardless of age - arguably not good enough for the club's current level).
  • Your squad is the youngest on average in the league.
  • One of your left-sided senior wingers is currently injured for an undetermined (but estimated to be lengthy) spell which required surgery.
  • You have the opportunity to sign a player whom;
    • knows the club, having enjoyed a highly successful previous stint.
    • has a wealth of experience competing at the highest levels of club competition, having won (amongst others); the domestic league, both domestic trophies and a European trophy.
    • provides cover down the entirety of the left-flank.
    • represents a threat from dead-ball scenarios not currently present in the squad (save for one player who is less likely to make the starting line-up and may ultimately be sold).
    • demonstrably still has something to offer, having just won Serie A.
    • is available on a free transfer.

Ask yourself; would this be a good signing?  If it's not Ashley Young, if that dive wasn't part of this equation at all, would this be a good signing?

Squad had 3 senior fullbacks but I agree with your general points. 

For me if we need defence we can out on guilbert if we need attack, Young. Although young is typically a LB and guilbert a rb. They have both played a fair number of games on the other side

Of the pitch to the point it isn't outrageous. For us to play one for each circumstance. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Yeah, but to take those set pieces he has to be on the pitch. Who would you drop for him, unless they were injured or suspended? 

No idea but it's going to be a long season especially reaching 2 cup finals. It's pretty rare for a team to go unchanged for a long period these days.

Free transfer is it?

Can't complain can we, it's no different than how we went and signed Heaton, sometimes the old timers have a thing to prove before they end there career.

I'm fairly happy about this move, I just hope he goes out and kicks ass as he seems to keep himself in pristine condition.

Â