Ashley Young

maqroll

The Red Devils only paid £17m because he was in the last year of his contract, at the time that was considered a big fee for player with only one year left on their deal.

• Like 3

People talking about that dive like it was the end of Aston Villa in the early 10’s.

Nah, poor recruitment, leadership, management destroyed us then. Wake up man 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sorry to labour the point, but I have no idea where this idea that he’s an asshole with a bad attitude has come from. He dived to win a penalty 10 years ago, so what. 

Because football fans are over emotional idiots with long memories. 

This comes from someone who is also still bitter about that dive. 

Only difference is I’m willing to realise that’s my issue and not his 😂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sorry to labour the point, but I have no idea where this idea that he’s an asshole with a bad attitude has come from. He dived to win a penalty 10 years ago, so what. The lad who might go on to be one of our best ever players, if he isn’t already, is an absolute master at choosing when to go down. Just because he’s one of the best ever at that as well doesn’t change the fact. And you can be damn sure he wouldn’t change his game if god forbid he ever faced us in opposition. Neither would I expect him to.

Young was at the club what, 4 and a half seasons? And people are expecting him to have acted like he was a boyhood fan. Either way, it’s pathetic to hold onto it for so long. It was TEN YEARS ago.

All the evidence regaining his personality points to the contrary, that he’s a consummate professional. I hate it when “woke goes wrong” but I genuinely think the colour of his skin is clouding some people’s judgement of him as a human being. 

It's pretty close to the penalty Jack won against West Brom in the playoff semi-final, give or take the fish out of water act. I'm fairly confident Jack would go down the exact same way if he were playing against us, and he's a boyhood Villa fan.

4 hours ago, Enda said:

Hi lads 😉

Funny how you don’t put yourself on the line until he’s signed. What did you win?

Its a poor signing and again goes against what the club said they would do in the transfer market, But then again they also said they would never make a loan signing without a sell on clause.

18 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Ashley Old more like . This is the biggest case of false advertising since The Never Ending Story which has a run time of 1h 47m .

Totally on board for the upgraded set pieces mind you . 

Animated GIF

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, kieranavfc said:

Was surprised to read that the fee United paid was only 17 mill, seems like a pittance now...

He signed for us for a club record £8 million signing. How quaint.

No doubt it was paid in shillings and Young was  then taken up to Villa Park on one of those newfangled horseless carriages.

57 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Christ. Oh well. Let's hope he apologises for trying to relegate us by cheating. I can't be bothered to go through all the posts to see who claimed Jack Grealish would do the exact same if/when he moves. Dumbest post I've read in a long time. I was part of a now defunct Villa forum that documented just how loathsome an individual he was at the club with various examples seen first-hand behind the scenes, but that's ancient history and easy to move on from. What isn't, is that dive when we were at our lowest ebb.

Some things are easy to forget, forgive, shrug about, some things are not. I wouldn't even call it irrational, but simply unforgivable. Before responding please ask yourself if you have your own Villa moment that still feels as painful now as whenever it happened.... this is what football does to you. If you've moved on from it, good for you. Personally, I'd hoped we'd moved on as a club from going down the old nag with massive ego on a big salary route. Doesn't deserve to wear the shirt again. Gutted to see it, and for the youth prospect he's stifling.

Wait- Are you saying that Ashley Young dives?

14 minutes ago, useless said:

The Red Devils only paid £17m because he was in the last year of his contract, at the time that was considered a big fee for player with only one year left on their deal.

Wow! I forgot he only had one year left on his deal when he left us. How badly run were we back then? 😅

57 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Christ. Oh well. Let's hope he apologises for trying to relegate us by cheating. I can't be bothered to go through all the posts to see who claimed Jack Grealish would do the exact same if/when he moves. Dumbest post I've read in a long time. I was part of a now defunct Villa forum that documented just how loathsome an individual he was at the club with various examples seen first-hand behind the scenes, but that's ancient history and easy to move on from. What isn't, is that dive when we were at our lowest ebb.

Some things are easy to forget, forgive, shrug about, some things are not. I wouldn't even call it irrational, but simply unforgivable. Before responding please ask yourself if you have your own Villa moment that still feels as painful now as whenever it happened.... this is what football does to you. If you've moved on from it, good for you. Personally, I'd hoped we'd moved on as a club from going down the old nag with massive ego on a big salary route. Doesn't deserve to wear the shirt again. Gutted to see it, and for the youth prospect he's stifling.

it wasnt Paul Lambert, Randy Lerner, Tim Sherwood etc. who tried to relegate us it was an opposition player who had an impact on our 38 game season

as for the dive we were managed by McLeish and had no impact on our season

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's pretty close to the penalty Jack won against West Brom in the playoff semi-final, give or take the fish out of water act. I'm fairly confident Jack would go down the exact same way if he were playing against us, and he's a boyhood Villa fan.

Yeah, it was before the days that ‘initiating contact’ was commonplace.  I remember thinking it was the worst dive ever at the time.  Watching it back now that gets given as a pen by VAR every time.

• Like 1

Â