Ashley Young

maqroll

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Something is horribly wrong here 

spacer.png

Yeah I know, it’s really doing my head in. Whoever cut that grass should be fired….only straight lines please.

• Haha 4

Just now, Keyblade said:

It's proper symbolic too. Left right before the beginning of the end is coming back when we're back properly challenging again. Like we're doing it right this time.

Aye. New chapter.

• Like 1

Hold up windbags I wouldn't put it past him to be one of our better players next season, one thing's for sure if Grealish is out for any period of time we won't miss him as much next season with Young around as we otherwise might have done, not just because of Young's ability but also because of his mentality.

• Like 1

Based on Deans comments, Ash won't be pleased with just sitting for a pay day, he wants to compete!

Whether he becomes a starter or not, this is a great signal.

Will raise the standards as well. 

Our players will benefit greatly IMO.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Hold up windbags I wouldn't put it past him to be one of our better players next season, one thing's for sure if Grealish is out for any period of time we won't miss him as much next season with Young around as we otherwise might have done, not just because of Young's ability but also because of his mentality.

Without Jack out:

Young -Ollie - Buendia

is a hell of an upgrade on:

El Ghazi - Ollie  - Traore

It's genuinely a win win IMO, and i'm sure we aren't done in the market.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

On the plus side  he is a name who has just won a league title , it will be a signal to potential signings that we are in the market for quality. He will be an asset in training especially to the younger players, and he will be a versatile option from the bench. The way he talks in that interview makes me wonder if he might be joining the coaching team after his playing days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Based on Deans comments, Ash won't be pleased with just sitting for a pay day, he wants to compete!

Whether he becomes a starter or not, this is a great signal.

Will raise the standards as well. 

Our players will benefit greatly IMO.

Just as everyone bar the greasy 6 shouted from the rooftops that competition is required in football it is the same individually. Competition for places increases the output of the starting 11.  Fantastic signing . Remember when he used to get on the ball on the left and the whole of the upper holte would be on their feet knowing something good was going to happen.  

• Like 1

Â