Ashley Young

maqroll

I didnt really think this was on and just thought it was one of those many stupid rumours you hear every summer.

Looks like it is happening then! 

Guess he gives us an option as he can play 5 positions, not bad if we have an injury crisis.

Plus with it being a free transfer it means more funds for the players we are targeting for the first team improvements rather than squad fillers

A player like Young would have been invaluable I games where we seemed to lack a little experience.

I'm thinking last season against the likes of Sheff. Utd and Brighton for example.

If we get fifteen games out of him next season and he gets assists and the odd goal it's a good deal.

Again his experience around the training pitches and perhaps on free-kicks is a positive for sure.

Seems like a sound signing to me, covers a lot of positions in emergencies, is proven to have quality technique, can whip in a good cross, a good solid squad member who also knows the club well.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I didnt really think this was on and just thought it was one of those many stupid rumours you hear every summer.

Looks like it is happening then! 

Guess he gives us an option as he can play 5 positions, not bad if we have an injury crisis.

Plus with it being a free transfer it means more funds for the players we are targeting for the first team improvements rather than squad fillers

Agreed. I suppose as well as needing cover for full backs we are also without Trez for most of next season.

Makes sense if it doesnt cost anything other than wage.

For a season this could be a very astute signing. He already is familiar with the club so settling in won't be a problem. He can cover both left and right side. If Traore isn't fit for the start of the season we could theoretically play him wide right as he'll offer better defensive cover in front of Cash, and can certainly whip a ball in, has an eye for goal and can take set pieces. We could also play him at right back and sit Cash in front of him, again good cover for each other down that side. The one thing we lacked was better defensive cover for Cash on the right and for Targett on the left should Jack be out. He can cover both sides bother in defense and midfield.

5 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

After the euphoria of the Buendia signing this is just so underwhelming. Really not convinced.

Yeah but don’t let it get you down or make you feel negative about our activity and targets, plenty of time and money to spend yet… I get the feeling we are serious about challenging for the European spots this season and will strengthen accordingly. So glad we got Buendia and so early, exciting times…

Young will just be an option for the squad/bench and to add some experience & know how (why we need him I don’t know, Terry has enough of an influence), hoping he’s matured and become less of a bellend during his time w Inter… Manure do that to players…

Can’t see him contributing to defence but should allow us to rest & rotate our wingers, cover.

As always, I have full faith and trust in Dean.

2 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

he may be 35 but i do not care, cause it's our ash. so happy to see him come back.

Our ash?

Come on now…

Nice avtar btw 😉

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Sounds like he's being signed as  cover for Trez for a year whilst he's out  ...and not Left back cover

Agreed, that’s the way I see it.

Not a fan but oh well.

I love Trez, but given that he'd been relegated to impact sub, I think I'd actually prefer Ash in that role. His crossing ability still hasn't left him, and I imagine he's still about as adept at beating a defender as Trez is.

Â