FCG Meeting with Christian Purslow - 24th June

OutByEaster?

Apologies if already asked haven't read the thread but here are mine;

*Are the club aware of the accusations being levelled against fans and the club by Jonny Gould - if not they should be

*ST waiting lists - are they on a stand by stand basis? If so why when most would happily take the first available. 

*What if any plans are there for a timescale for expansion of Villa Park

*Are they aware of the poor kit qualify of the Kappa kits - badges coming off on first wear/wash

*Are they any plans for membership for this forthcoming season

*Any news on the new City academy or the proposed development behind the North Stand

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

*Are the club aware of the accusations being levelled against fans and the club by Jonny Gould - if not they should be

*ST waiting lists - are they on a stand by stand basis? If so why when most would happily take the first available. 

*Are they aware of the poor kit qualify of the Kappa kits - badges coming off on first wear/wash

*Any news on the new City academy or the proposed development behind the North Stand

@TrentVilla couple of things:

• What are the accusations being levelled against fans and club by Jonny Gould?
  • The club gave an answer to the stand-by-stand thing on twitter about trying to figure out preferences, it wasn't the clearest answer and the first 8,000 people on the list weren't asked the question - it's a weird thing. 
  • In terms of the City academy, full planning permission for the proposed building went through a couple of months back, normally construction follows fairly quickly. I think in terms of permission for the North stand they on'y got permission for the demolition, both questions and the redevelopment of the ground are on the agenda.

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

@TrentVilla

• In terms of the City academy, full planning permission for the proposed building went through a couple of months back, normally construction follows fairly quickly. I think in terms of permission for the North stand they on'y got permission for the demolition, both questions and the redevelopment of the ground are on the agenda.

I've give a more boring answer

Planning permission is usually based on a design to RIBA stage 3, then depending on the procurement route recommended by the clients project management team they'll enquire a tender at around 4 and a bit for design and build or as close to stage 5 as possible for a traditional building contract 

The difference is the contractor will price a risk for design development under a d&b contract but you can start quicker whereas traditional takes longer and is remeasurable 

The work between stage 3 and 4 can be huge, the main plans and elevations won't change but they have to do sections and details, can take months just to get it to tender, then maybe 2 to 3 months of estimating, then 2 to 3 months of negotiation depending on the quality of the returns 

It could take 6 to 12 months post planning to get started 

Conversely they could have started the tender before planning was granted... I've seen that a few times 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Whats the allegations mentioned please?

Please can you ask about the shop. £4.95 for P&P + a £1.99 handling fee is ridiculous plus you have to pay for returns even though the size chart is always wrong. There should be free delivery over £60 or something and free returns like most places offer

I also miss ST holders getting 10% discount in the club shop. Any chance of this being reinstated 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

@TrentVilla couple of things:

• What are the accusations being levelled against fans and club by Jonny Gould?
  • The club gave an answer to the stand-by-stand thing on twitter about trying to figure out preferences, it wasn't the clearest answer and the first 8,000 people on the list weren't asked the question - it's a weird thing. 

I'm blocked for challenging him so can't screen shot but in short, that there is a widespread rampant racism within the Villa fan base and that the club refuses to do anything about it.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

23 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm blocked for challenging him so can't screen shot but in short, that there is a widespread rampant racism within the Villa fan base and that the club refuses to do anything about it.

Not being on social media anymore I don't see much, but having just had a quick look at JG on twitter he appears to be pro Israel. My limited understanding of this means that if you aren't pro Israel you are racist. 

I very much doubt the club will comment on that as its a can of worms. 

• Like 1

Can we ask him what pressure the club is applying on the authorities - before the season starts - to ensure the successful use of VAR this year? The very successful deployment in the euros means that fans will not accept the incompetent deployment that we have had in the premier league to date.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Not being on social media anymore I don't see much, but having just had a quick look at JG on twitter he appears to be pro Israel. My limited understanding of this means that if you aren't pro Israel you are racist. 

Glancing through his Twitter page is plenty enough to show me that his politics and mine could not possibly be more utterly opposed. Nevertheless, nobody deserves to be a victim of racism, and if he has specific evidence and accusations that he is making, or intends to bring forward, then the club should cooperate and take them seriously. However, as far as I can see he has deleted whatever the tweet was that began the discussion, so I can't see what allegations he is/was making.

On 16/06/2021 at 13:09, Junxs said:

I always thought it was very odd how they try to get you out of the ground as quick as possible.

Once me and my friends stayed behind a bit chatting whilst the queues to get out were ridiculous, and the stewards came to us told us to leave. 

Think its a good idea if they kept certain areas open with people buying drinks and food and having the late kick off on screens for people to hang about, helps reduce the immediate traffic around the area as well. I'd rather be standing in the concourse watching a match with my friends than sat in the car in a traffic jam. 

Some German stadiums leave bars and food opened for an hour or so after the game ends and fans mingle and leave eventually. Stops a lot of the stress for public transport etc 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he starts going after the club more if he gets ignored.

Attacking footballers/other fans who show any sort of support for Palestinians being killed claiming anti-semitism.

Also appears to have some very odd connections to an account setup which partook in some nefarious behaviour.

I think it's worth the club being across it because he'll keep going if not reprimanded.

On 16/06/2021 at 21:17, villa4europe said:

I've give a more boring answer

Planning permission is usually based on a design to RIBA stage 3, then depending on the procurement route recommended by the clients project management team they'll enquire a tender at around 4 and a bit for design and build or as close to stage 5 as possible for a traditional building contract 

The difference is the contractor will price a risk for design development under a d&b contract but you can start quicker whereas traditional takes longer and is remeasurable 

The work between stage 3 and 4 can be huge, the main plans and elevations won't change but they have to do sections and details, can take months just to get it to tender, then maybe 2 to 3 months of estimating, then 2 to 3 months of negotiation depending on the quality of the returns 

It could take 6 to 12 months post planning to get started 

Conversely they could have started the tender before planning was granted... I've seen that a few times 

I’m a Chartered Planner if anyone ever has any planning questions. 

12 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Villa youtube channel.

Be nice to have a lot more content. Stream all the games u18 u23 etc that are not ppv on OS. Player funnies. Players cribs etc 

To be fair Villa TV is superb nowadays.

43 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he starts going after the club more if he gets ignored.

Attacking footballers/other fans who show any sort of support for Palestinians being killed claiming anti-semitism.

Also appears to have some very odd connections to an account setup which partook in some nefarious behaviour.

I think it's worth the club being across it because he'll keep going if not reprimanded.

Thats the issue, if you show any support for the Palestinians you are anti Israel. Social media is full of it so glad I don't partake anymore 

Following the club volunteering to hoist the Champions League final, and reports of it being rejected due to not having the infrastructure in place to accommodate the cameras/staff/commentators etc... Is this something the club will be looking at going forward with a view to being a neutral ground for other sporting events?

• Like 2

I've asked about the Villa News and Record multiple times.  I'm not sure whether it's ever been put forward or whether it has and the club just isn't interested.

Anyhow...the Villa News and Record has, historically been one of the best in the business.

Co-inciding with the appointment of Tom Obtrebski as editor, the decline in editorial standards in the last six years or so has been quite astonishing.  The factual errors, the typos, the poor grammar and the inane, waffly content mean this is no longer the publication I adored growing up (incidentally, I am not that old; I arrived two days before the European Cup Final of 1982).  I am not sure if senior people at the club read the programme cover to cover, but I do.  Many a time I have thought about sending Mr Purslow an annotated copy in the hope of convincing him that big changes are needed.  Sometimes the errors are really quite funny.  Last season we even had players from another club on the opposition's list of players on the back page!

Edited by Stephen_Evans
Font size