Pape Matar Sarr

MotoMkali

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm confused, as this is what I thought, more Toure than Viera to me though.

However, I see some calling him the new Sadio Mane intimating he's a winger?

Or is he one with potential to do it anywhere?

I think the reference to Mane was regarding his status as a star rather than as a similar player. He is a bit Toure for sure but with some Viera bite. If he is half as good as either I’m in.

• Like 1

I can only guess he is on about 2k euro per week at metz at the most?

I would be surprised if, especially in France, he is going to cost more than 10 to 15 million euros after only 22 games and being 18 years old.

I cant see him being offered wages anything more than 15 to 20k pw at first either.

Looks talented and just the sort of player we could slowly introduce into the first team from the start of the season. so that step up between barry/ chuck and the first team regulars to bridge the gap.

2 years time having chuck and pape running the middle of the park sounds interesting.

Make it happen villa

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No he's not.

You don't move for £30m to the moneybags PL and not secure yourself a fat £40k a week. Minimum.

Humour me then ,  whats he on,  everysite online have him on 1million annual 

If this is true and happens, i kinda feel a bit sorry for some of our academy lads who might be thinking what do they have to do to get in the first team if all the club then do is spunk £20 odd million on a kid of the same age ?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Based on this, he’s an 8. Literally never heard of him otherwise. Fits the model?

If you look at the more detailed breakdown on that site (link below) it reads just as much that he fits in the 6. Specifically the defense section which reads extremely favourably, I think the long-range shots and carries just war things a bit at face value.

https://fbref.com/en/players/feb5d972/scout/365_euro/Pape-Matar-Sarr-Scouting-Report

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Humour me then ,  whats he on,  everysite online have him on 1million annual 

Most sites I’ve just checked have him on €3mill per annum which equals around £51k PW - one site listed him at £20k PW do **** knows … Either way I don’t care and just want us to sign him 

4 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

If this is true and happens, i kinda feel a bit sorry for some of our academy lads who might be thinking what do they have to do to get in the first team if all the club then do is spunk £20 odd million on a kid of the same age ?

They’ll know they have to be as good as the kid the club just spunked 20m on. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Is Thatcherlover still going? I'd have thought he'd have got bored by now. Loser.

That’s a blast from my Twitter account past! He literally has no ITK yet has been peddling his bullshit for years. Seems some still lap it up though. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

None of the players who are realistically going to get in our first team play the same position as him apart from perhaps bogarde who also plays as a CB.

Chukwuemeka and Ramsey are more attacking and Raikhy is more in the style of a pirlo esque player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

None of the players who are realistically going to get in our first team play the same position as him apart from perhaps bogarde who also plays as a CB.

Chukwuemeka and Ramsey are more attacking and Raikhy is more in the style of a pirlo esque player. 

Isn't Carney a #8? From what I can tell from this kid, he's very similar to Carney in terms of position. He has good defensive stats but that doesn't a DM make.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Isn't Carney a #8? From what I can tell from this kid, he's very similar to Carney in terms of position. He has good defensive stats but that doesn't a DM make.

Chukwuemeka seems more like a 10 to be honest.

If we get sarr and Chukwuemeka continues on his path you could easily see a midfield with both with Chukwuemeka pushed ahead or both of them with Ramsey even. 

16 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Carney probably the only midfielder we have at the club who could be a top 4 player. Sanson, Luiz, McGinn, Nakamba, JJ. I'd like to see us move on from them being starting players in 2 or 3 years time. 

• Like 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Chukwuemeka seems more like a 10 to be honest.

If we get sarr and Chukwuemeka continues on his path you could easily see a midfield with both with Chukwuemeka pushed ahead or both of them with Ramsey even. 

He's like Pogba really. Not quite a box to box 8 and not quite a 10. If he were to play I imagine it would be in our 4-3-3 alongside Luiz and one other. With the signing of Buendia I don't think we'll be playing with a 10 anymore. If this kid signs, that'd make Carney what, 7th choice midfielder?

Just now, Keyblade said:

He's like Pogba really. Not quite a box to box 8 and not quite a 10. If he were to play I imagine it would be in our 4-3-3 alongside Luiz and one other. With the signing of Buendia I don't think we'll be playing with a 10 anymore. If this kid signs, that'd make Carney what, 7th choice midfielder?

I think we will be playing with a 10. I just don't see any reason why we would not. And yes Carney would be getting minimal changes which is why him and Ramsey and others should go out on loan. 

Â