Pape Matar Sarr

MotoMkali

23 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Is he the rough CDM we need?

i dunno, he looked pretty hot to me??

I would imagine it depends on your standards?, beauty is in the eye of the beholder i suppose!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I’ll trust the well paid elite experts in the field of player identification if they decide to splash €20-€30 mill on a somewhat untested 18 YO with little top flight football to his name. I cannot understand why anyone would be against it as they have obviously identified him based on data as someone who can be a star and grow with us. The money side of it is incidental - we will offer what we feel is fair and can afford. I’m very excited about this one 

I agree with this, but caveat it with... assuming we are interested.  Other than one spurious website's link to him,  and the fact he's liked some posts, it does seem to be a bit low on the high quality rumour scale.

Certainly has the indicators of a very talented player for his age, so hoping it is true 

• Like 1

There seems to be quite some disagreement between the stat sites on what exactly was his primary position last season with Metz. 

Some sources say he only played CM. Others say he primarily played DM with a bit of time spent in CM and AM. Others say its more of a balanced mix between DM and CM.

According to transfermarkt Metz played a lot of games with a double pivot in midfield, that is two DMs, so maybe in that formation he had more license to go forward than would normally be afforded to a DCM. Also they usually play with a three man defence, which might have given him even more freedon to venture forward, knowing that there's another DM beside a him and three central defenders behind.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

According to transfermarkt Metz played a lot of games with a double pivot in midfield, that is two DMs, so maybe in that formation he had more license to go forward than would normally be afforded to a DCM. Also they usually play with a three man defence, which might have given him even more freedon to venture forward, knowing that there's another DM beside a him and three central defenders behind.

Yeah, will try to find it again for reference but I saw a heatmap for him somewhere too that would suggest this as it largely placed him in a deep, left-of-centre position which would indicate he was playing on that side of a pivot.

EDIT: Here:

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Yeah, will try to find it again for reference but I saw a heatmap for him somewhere too that would suggest this as it largely placed him in a deep, left-of-centre position which would indicate he was playing on that side of a pivot.

spacer.png

Friends Lol GIF by HBO Max

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

spacer.png

Of all the attacking stats they could've put in there, they put in shot distance? 

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

'pivot', the 2021 most overused and pointlessly misused word on Villatalk.

I've been a fan of the double pivot since early Wenger but get what you're saying.

I vote "big burly DCM" most overused and pointlessly misused phrase on Villatalk

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Weren’t you the guy who said Rashica was signed sealed and delivered 🤣🤣🤣

No he was the guy who shared some information that he’d heard. I doubt he’ll bother again when the response of some posters is so poor. 

Weren’t you the guy who never said anything interesting?

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Weren’t you the guy who said Rashica was signed sealed and delivered 🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

No he was the guy who shared some information that he’d heard. I doubt he’ll bother again when the response of some posters is so poor. 

Weren’t you the guy who never said anything interesting?

Black Guy Rap Battle GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Double pivot  is a commonly used word to describe two 'DMs' playing next to each other, and has been in use for a long time. It's no more pointless than any other word used to describe a team's formation or part of it.

• Like 1

Â