Pape Matar Sarr

MotoMkali

2 hours ago, Awol said:

Sarr - Doucoure - Chukwuemeka all developing together as a midfield core has unbelievable potential. 

They would but would Villa fans be happy with potential, the expectation is for more of an immediate success. Our u23s already look like they have unbelievable potential. If we get midfielders in that do not improve the 1st 11 this season then the fans will not be happy campers

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

They would but would Villa fans be happy with potential, the expectation is for more of an immediate success. Our u23s already look like they have unbelievable potential. If we get midfielders in that do not improve the 1st 11 this season then the fans will not be happy campers

Exactly. I think Sarr and Doucoure would be too much of a risk considering our need for more quality in CM. Ward-Prowse plus either of Sarr or Doucoure and that would be great.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Exactly. I think Sarr and Doucoure would be too much of a risk considering our need for more quality in CM. Ward-Prowse plus either of Sarr or Doucoure and that would be great.

Agreed, but if the level of signing we need isn’t available to us right now (the JWP, Phillips, Rice, established premier league types) and our own youth aren’t quite there yet on the development curve,  buying top quality players as they’re breaking through in another top 5 league is the other realistic option. 

Doucoure is 21 and seemingly ready to go now according to the data, Pape Sarr is only 18 but clearly attracting some of the biggest club names around - Bellingham and Camavinga would both walk into our squad at the same age.

If plan A is a non-starter, plan B is still a pretty good plan. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Lets not forget the 'potential' will see all they need is a couple of good seasons and they can just ship to one of the see you next tuesday 6

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Agreed, but if the level of signing we need isn’t available to us right now (the JWP, Phillips, Rice, established premier league types) and our own youth aren’t quite there yet on the development curve,  buying top quality players as they’re breaking through in another top 5 league is the other realistic option. 

Doucoure is 21 and seemingly ready to go now according to the data, Pape Sarr is only 18 but clearly attracting some of the biggest club names around - Bellingham and Camavinga would both walk into our squad at the same age.

If plan A is a non-starter, plan B is still a pretty good plan. 

You make an excellent point and its the same way i would look at the situation, we may see it as does a 18 yr old have what it takes to play in that position for the whole season and ensure we maintain what’s required to secure one of the european places

Edited by RicRic
Spelling

6 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Don't NSWE have offices in London? Also doesn't Christian Purslow live there? Correct me if wrong of course.

I don't want to diminish your hope and enthusiasm, but I would guess that most owners have an office in London.

Except Dr Tony that is, and if he had one it would probably have been empty 😄  

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I don't want to diminish your hope and enthusiasm, but I would guess that most owners have an office in London.

Except Dr Tony that is, and if he had one it would probably have been empty 😄  

And he'd be using one of those Bluetooth boxes so that he didn't need to pay empty premises business rates and all...

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

That's where I'm at. I think JWP likes to have someone in there alongside him to help with the defensive duties (Romeu) so perhaps Doucoure would be the wiser option. That's if we sign JWP which we probably won't!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RicRic said:

You make an excellent point and its the same way i would look at the situation, we may see it as does a 18 yr old have what it takes to play in that position for the whole season and ensure we maintain what’s required to secure one of the european places

Other midfielders are available. Whoever we sign I’m expecting more rotation this season just because we’ll have options to do so. Sarr could definitely add to those - imo.

Â