E3 2021

villa4europe

They've got nothing have they? A few more 7/10 bang average games, add ons for games that suffered from being too long, even the rider game which will get people interested because its different was steep in summer clothes, I think this will be the nail in the far cry coffin for me too, not got high expectations for 6

Add to that their company problems... 

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Ubi with possibly the worst e3 presentation in living memory. Bland, predictable and so so boring. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. 

Did they make the audience climb parts of the stage to reveal parts of the presentation?

• Like 1

Disappointed with MS 

As someone who prefers playstation due to big budget story driven single player games (and based on sales I'm not alone) there's still not a fat lot on xbox for me

Red fall looked good but I'll wait for gameplay and more details of the "alone or with friends" stuff, it looked a 4 player game 

Hades coming to the other consoles is probably going to be the highlight of the whole e3 for me

Somerville looked cool but I won't play it 

Stalker which I was looking forward to looked really boring... Bad verging on bizarre trailer for then

Square Enix showed nothing... Crazy, nothing from actual SE I don't think, that was all their various worldwide studios and not themselves 

Feels like I watched the wrong thing 

GotG will have the same character design issues that their other marvel game has and it seems like a weird / bad decision to only let you play as Peter 

Worst e3 for a very long time for me personally. Squeenix may as well not have bothered. No ff16? No ff7 part 2? 

MS has been the best so far and that’s saying something. FH5 just looks like FH3 again. No interest in the Mexican setting at all for me. Was hoping for Japan. Halo Infinite was barely shown. No Fable. No ES6. 

Hoping Nintendo can save the day but I just expect most things to disappoint me these days. 

17 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Worst e3 for a very long time for me personally. Squeenix may as well not have bothered. No ff16? No ff7 part 2? 

No KH, no hitman bar the mobile game, no tomb raider, nothing on forspoken, no just cause, no outriders new content 

And with all these remakes and re-releases still nothing on vagrant story! Never give it any love 

Weird show, should have known that they have nothing when they gave GotG about 20 minutes too long 

God yeah, that gotg looked ok but ropey looking characters and a ropier looking framerate. All the diluting of Final Fantasy with weird offshoots and spin offs as well. Ugh. 

As long as that FF1-6 Anthology comes to switch in physical form then all will be forgiven but it’s steam/mobile only at this point in time. The games industry is so **** weird. 

Edited by Ingram85

Eiyuden Chronicle on game pass upon release is good news for xbox subbers. It's basically Suikoden 6 and looks sooo **** good man.

Release is still a long way off though, I backed it on Kickstarter years ago. 

Edited by hogso

I enjoyed the Xbox showcase mainly because almost everything shown is a game that I own thanks to Game Pass. It's great watching 30+ games appear knowing they are mine on day one for no added cost. I also enjoyed it because I mostly knew what to expect. No studios are announcing, or showing anything that is super far away anymore.

• Fable is 2022/23
  • ES6 is 2024 
  • Perfect Dark is 2023/24 
  • Hellblade 2 is 2022/23 
  • Everwild was rebooted after the creative director left, it's 2023

I could do this for almost everything that didn't appear. We will see more in 2022 as the Covid disruptions ease and as those further out releases get closer. That said what we did get was pretty cool, at least if you're a Game Pass subscriber.

As for Square Enix I thought they did as well as they could given game dev died last year thanks to Covid. I thought Guardians looked uninspired, but moderately fun. I likely won't play it as it's an October release in an already packed October. I thought Babylon's Fall looked interesting, I didn't think it was mind-blowing visually, but it's a Platinum Games release which means the gameplay will be good. Overall though it was a weaker show, but I never expect much from publishers that only have a handful of good IP which is Square Enix in a nutshell. 

• Like 1

It's pretty clear that the effects of Covid on the industry are still being coming through, the lineup of games revealed has been pretty pathetic, with very little new turning up and most of what year been shown being updated to the updates to existing releases or stuff miles off.

And even then I don't think a lot of the new stuff has looked that interesting. I had hopes for Arkane's new IP but the 'reveal' quickly put that to bed. Microsoft have had the most successful conference (a low bar) but I don't own a Series console and there wasn't enough from Starfield to make a purchase likely, and Forza isn't enough either. Square was just a parade of tired stuff and some curiously bad stuff as well.

Elden Ring is the highlight so far but even that felt a little lacklustre.

Nintendo best be holding back some bangers, otherwise... Ooft.

Nintendo have already set expectations by saying Nintendo Direct would be "mostly 2021 releases".

I'm personally going in expecting absolutely nothing in the hopes I am pleasantly surprised, but "mostly 2021" is a very short window. We're likely going to see gameplay of games that were announced last year.

I enjoyed the show though most of it were CGI trailers.

I especially hope MS can bring Age of Empires to console because the new game Age of Empires 4 looks amazing, it wil be on Gamepass this October but on pc which is a shame.

There were a fair few games I am interested in.

Back4Blood what an amazing move by MS bringing that game to Gamepass, the sewualto Left4Dead franchise coming to us without having to buy it.

REDFALL- I was thrilled to see we have a vampire game coming out, bout time I just hope it turns out good but the REDFALL trailer looked ace to be fair.

Microsoft Flight Simulator-  has impressed me from the beginning, the look of this game is absolutely stunning. 

The Stalker- I never played the first but this game looked amazing, truly amazing and it's also arriving on Gamepass.

The Ascent- A top down view shooter which is co op looked really cool and lovely looking, will be a blast.

25 seconds game looks something different- repeating every 25 seconds and new gameplay is added by you reliving the fight but doing things differently.

Battlefield 2042 looks amazing and 160 online players a session if what I heard is true..

Yeah some ace games I feel are on the way.

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

It's pretty clear that the effects of Covid on the industry are still being coming through, the lineup of games revealed has been pretty pathetic, with very little new turning up and most of what year been shown being updated to the updates to existing releases or stuff miles off.

And even then I don't think a lot of the new stuff has looked that interesting. I had hopes for Arkane's new IP but the 'reveal' quickly put that to bed. Microsoft have had the most successful conference (a low bar) but I don't own a Series console and there wasn't enough from Starfield to make a purchase likely, and Forza isn't enough either. Square was just a parade of tired stuff and some curiously bad stuff as well.

Elden Ring is the highlight so far but even that felt a little lacklustre.

Nintendo best be holding back some bangers, otherwise... Ooft.

Dude it's a new gen and from my experience whenever a new gen starts and new consoles release, don't expect anything much in the way of new games for at least two years of a new consoles lifespan.

I lived the Xbox 360 and PS2 gens along with the Wii and Wii u as the gameing world took off online. I mean obviously it came online from the Dreamcast but that aside the point I'm trying to make here is that none of those consoles from Sony, Microsoft and nintendo had a great majority of games in there first two years or more.

In fact during those two years of console lifes I can tell you what they do, developers take the best most sold and popular games and remaster them on new gen consoles. Doing this its annoying in my eyes, I know why they do it. It's to generate funding all while they make us gamers sit and wait bored out our tree all while they have longer to develop there new gen gamesz it's the part of a consoles generation I can't stand. I remember how bad it were, the Xbox one and PS4 entry to the world was bad, so many remasters and so many fans calling for something on all sides for over a year that nothing was coming for any console but more remasters. It got that bad and then finally new of an Elder Scrolls game came and we wait for release day a year into next gens lifespan and they pulled the game back. Now what was to come was totally annoying. Games still no where to be seen unless it was a remaster, Elder Scrolls pushed back for a couple of months and everyone eagerly awaiting for that time to arrive. Elder Scrolls a game many were waiting for because it was just something next gen at the time, the release date came and Bethesda announced another pull back. So that left many gamers frustrated and all along message board and forums gamers were in uproar. A year an half into next gen had passed a new Elder Scroll release date and more remasters, I'll now skip along that by the time Elder Scrolls had released their head been so many Remasters and so many eagerly awaited Elder Scrolls release date that it had to of set work records lol. In the end it must of been like two years and seven months of remasters and yes Elder Scrolls Skyrim. I'll never forget it because I were one of those frustrated bored gamers with a machine that I felt were useless for 3 years because nothing new arrived but games I'd already owned and played.

When Elder Scrolls finally released, no one seen anything of me for a long time all because of the wait I had to endure in the end 

Â