E3 2021

villa4europe

E3 is back! kind of...its virtual of course, they have an app thing on the go and full virtual attendance meaning that it could be more inclusive than it normally is if you really wanted to get in to it all, no Sony but they'll no doubt do a short notice state of play after the MS dust has settled, EA have announced a thing for the 22nd July, its also the first joint MS and bethesda show, starts saturday 12th, itll all be available on various streaming services and site such as ign and gamespot including their youtube channels 

Saturday 12th - ubisoft + gearbox

Sunday 13th -  MS + square enix  + warner bros games

Monday 14th - Capcom + take two

Tuesday 15th - Nintendo + namco bandai 

obvious predictions seem to be new elden ring footage, a 4k switch, botw 2, FF7 2nd part

capcom will be the one i watch with the most anticipation and then the most disappointment...they have so much that they could do (every year i ask for an onimusha remaster) 

MS really need something thats not halo or forza for me, sony could let everyone do the hard work for them, FF and maybe something street fighter for example

big guess for a shock from me would be kojima pops up somewhere, maybe even the MS stage

• Like 1

I'm very interested in what Capcom presents as well.Me personally, I would love another Mega Man game.

I will view the highlights as it were via Youtube, but to be honest I have always preferred watching streams and whatnot of Gamescom vs E3

Was playing one of the Marvel vs Capcom games and it reminded me that Capcom has so many great IPs that are just dormant. What ever happened to Viewtiful Joe for example?

Would love some news on Street Fighter 6. I completely skipped 5 due to no PS4, but I'm planning to get a PS5 eventually so I'll hop on the SF6 train when it's out.

New Switch Hardware. Better screen. Better Battery. Faster inner gubbins and 4K support. 

Twilight Princess/Wind Waker HD double pack for switch. 

Metroid Prime 4 footage and a MPTrilogy for switch

A new F-Zero and GX Remaster for switch

More info and gameplay footage for the new Fable.

An updated look at Halo Infinite 

Forza Horizon 5 (fingers crossed for Japan location).

Lastly, my dream announcement (and I suspect it’s only me that wants this) is a Star Fox Adventures HD Remaster on switch.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

Their twitter account is joining in the marketing so expect something BF6 on xbox

Its rumoured to be set in the future which puts me off

MS will announce something for this Xmas as the big shock, maybe something they haven't shown before l, maybe forza or halo but something will come with "oh and it's releasing in November" 

They just need to drop the **** horrible "world exclusive" talk over shit at the start of every clip they show 

• Like 1

As for Sony... I think they'll do a state of play at some point, show more horizon, ragnorok details, maybe GT7 but I think they'll have a new IP that's a shooter, just a gut feel that they'll be aggressive towards MS whilst they have this dominance over the market l, I don't think they'll revisit killzone or resistance, it'll probably be 3rd person, there's a lot of demand for splinter cell to come back and theres a MGS shaped hole, I'd love it if they went syphon filter but think it'll be something new 

• Like 1

I'll drop my predictions for the shows happening in the next few days;

I am putting them in spoilers solely so this post doesn't take up the whole thread.

Summer Game Fest Kickoff Live! - (June 10th, 7pm)

Spoiler

I'm not expecting much from this as every publisher seems to be going rogue and doing their own thing. That said I have two predictions;

• Elden Ring (Reveal Trailer)
  • Tiny Tina's Wonderland (Reveal Trailer)

There will be 30+ games on show at this showcase so I won't even try to predict all of them. As I said above though I would expect most of the reveals to be indies and AA titles with the occasional AAA big reveal in there. 

UbiSoft Forward - (June 12th, 8pm)

Spoiler

I think this will be a relatively subdued showcase. It'll may excite some, but unless we get a new Assassin's Creed this year it probably won't be their biggest E3 event;

• Far Cry 6 (Gameplay Demo)
  • Rainbow Six: Extraction (Reveal/Gameplay/Release Date)
  • Rainbow Six: Siege (Updates Roadmap)
  • Project Battlecat* (Reveal Trailer)
  • Just Dance 2022 (Reveal Trailer/Release Date)
  • Riders Republic (Gameplay Trailer/Release Date)
  • Roller Champions (Gameplay Trailer/Release Date)
  • UbiSoft + News (New Subscription Tiers)

*Project Battlecat is a PVP game in a shared universe between Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon and The Division.

Xbox & Bethesda Showcase - (June 13th, 6pm)

Spoiler

This is the big one for Xbox. If they get this showcase right then late-2021 going into 2022 will be a breeze for the green brand;

• Halo Infinite (Single Player Trailer/Multiplayer Gameplay/Release Date/Public Beta News)
  • Project Typhoon* (Reveal Trailer)
  • Flight Simulator for Series X|S (Trailer/Release Date)
  • Scorn (Gameplay Trailer/Release Date)
  • The Ascent (Gameplay Trailer)
  • The Gunk (Gameplay Trailer/Release Date)
  • Psychonauts 2 (Gameplay Trailer/Release Date)
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 (Gameplay Trailer)
  • Crossfire X (Single Player Gameplay Trailer/Release Date)
  • Sea of Thieves (Updates Roadmap)
  • Warhammer 40K: Darktide (Gameplay Trailer/Release Date)
  • The Outer Worlds 2 (Reveal Trailer)
  • Forza Horizon 5 (Gameplay Trailer/Release Date)
  • Project Omen** (Reveal Trailer)
  • New ZeniMax Online MMO (Reveal Trailer)
  • Indiana Jones (Reveal Trailer/Release Date)
  • New Kojima Project (Reveal Trailer)
  • Starfield (Gameplay Trailer/Release Date)
  • Game Pass News (Battlefield 6 Day One/UbiSoft+ Coming To Game Pass)
  • IP/Studio Acquisitions

*Project Typhoon is rumoured to be an ambitious open-world multiplayer game created by Avalanche Studios exclusively for Xbox/PC.
** Project Omen is the next game by Arkane Austin (Prey) it is said to be an immersive sim with a vampire theme. 

I'll get around to Nintendo at a later date. I'm not super excited about what Nintendo have on the way as their Direct will be focused on games releasing this year. So unless Breath of the Wild 2, or Metroid Prime 4 is this year then I'm not sure what else will impress. 

• Like 3

Battlefield 2042 has been revealed.

Multiplayer only. 7 maps. Up to 128 players*. 

Full gameplay reveal will happen on 13th of June at presumably the Xbox & Bethesda Showcase.

*128 players is only on the PS5, Series X|S and PC versions. 

Edited by Daweii

I though that was ok

Was good to see a show like that where it was a complete mixed bag not just the big 3 or the big developers, a lot of it was guff but it was good to see how big the industry is and I think the various shows and streams that then stem from this have a place and will stay in the future (you can watch an orchestra play the sonic soundtrack for the 30th anniversary...) I think they could have gone even further in to the weird and wonderful 

Planet of Lana looked beautiful 

I'm claiming the deviation games announcement as my PS5 shooter prediction 

33 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Heard a new Metal Slug was announced but turned out to be some tactical RPG, what?

They announced what was basically Metal Slug Advanced Wars

• Like 1

That show was basically all a run up to Elden Ring.

Which looked great, if not as good as I thought it might. I think that really needs some extended gameplay to be shown to underline how much is a step forward it is.

• Like 1

I was happy with the Sumer Game Fest Kickoff. It was always going to be tough to get some stand out reveals at E3, but I think Geoff Keighley out did himself. 

Tiny Tina's Wonderland, Planet of Lana and Elden Ring were fantastic to see. 

Â