James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

That's a lot of squad turnover and Dean has a huge amount of work to do to get that many new bodies gelling quickly.

My concern, too. It's exciting af, but we know that squad cohesion is one of DS's priorities. On the plus side, the players we have signed seem like generally good people (JWP come into this category, too, for as little as I know about him), so the atmosphere should be quite good. 

tbh, i would really love JWP, however, my head tells me we have roughly 80-90m left to spend, and we desperately need a LW & DM, if we can get both of those and JWP then rock on, but ideally i wouldnt want JWP if we dont get a DM and LW (or CAM depending on how we plan to set up).....

just priorities for me, but ye....would love JWP.

The numbers being talked about before the Grealish transfer were high - they've no reason to let him go for anything reasonable and he's not worth 50m or so. 

Next!

Good player but I honestly hoped we'd go for a different model of midfielder that more suits our current weaknesses. Will not be overly sad if this doesn't happen, as long as we bring in someone else.

I don't know who Adam Blackmore is and I don't care. Getting a read from jerkanists regarding what Aston Villa may or may not do is utterly pointless. And to suggest Southampton won't sell James Ward-Prowse at ANY PRICE is ludicrous. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

apparently he has a bad knee injury so will miss the start of the season anyway and it's a re-occuring problem

Can't be that re-occuring he was ever present last season

• Like 2

He did play every second of every PL game for them last season, as he did the season before that so the knee injury can't have been that serious until now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

Can't be that re-occuring he was ever present last season

Indeed. Referring to this site lots lately :D 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/james-ward-prowse/verletzungen/spieler/181579

Season Injury from until Days Games missed
20/21 Hamstring Injury Nov 8, 2020 Nov 22, 2020 14 days -
19/20 Knee Injury Feb 6, 2020 Feb 14, 2020 8 days -
16/17 Injury to the ankle Jan 26, 2017 Jan 29, 2017 3 days 1Southampton FC
14/15 Fractured Foot Sep 20, 2014 Nov 29, 2014 70 days 10Southampton FC

I think it's important we sign Ward Prowse this summer. He's exactly what we need to finish off this squad restructure. He's worth paying 40m for.

It's not end of the world going with midfielders we've got though and trying again next summer for him. I'm not keen on Cantwell 

1 minute ago, sne said:

He did play every second of every PL game for them last season, as he did the season before that so the knee injury can't have been that serious until now.

yep, for some reason i think he's the only outfield player to ever do back to back seasons as ever present 

Â