James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Losing most of their games relegated them. 

And Bowyer. Especially Bowyer

I know, but our p*** taking was quite relentless. It was glorious. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Who cares what Southampton fans think of us? Newcastle fans dint like us after SOB on the Tyne, who cares. 

I wasn't talking about what Southampton fans think of us?

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be honest no mid table premier league team will like us now. We’ve been complete shit for about 10 years and out of nowhere have jumped above them and are buying some of their players. All this because we have shit loads of money.   It’s like a scaled down version of what city have done.  So we can’t really hate on city and be hypocrites in my opinion. 

We're just fast tracking the natural order of things though.  Shitty have developed into some kind of horrific radioactive mutation.

Best analogy I’ve got for the attributes JWP brings is Gareth Barry, but with the mindset of Watkins. The work rate, ability and industry Ollie brings up front is what JWP would give us in the middle. 

He was my no.2 pick after Buendia for strengthening this summer. Agree with those who think it’s unlikely now we’ve had Ings off them, but if it was a straight choice between buying him or a fancy 10, I’d go for JWP. 

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Nursing a knee injury according to Hasenhuttl so will not take part in pre-season. Or is he on his way out...

Yeah -might we move in the last week of the window ?

Just now, Creeper said:

Big shift in the betting. Moved to 1/2 in the last 15 minutes. Similar happened with Ings (admittedly a much bigger price) before he was randomly announced. So who knows....

My fault, I just stuck £10 on him joining us.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Big shift in the betting. Moved to 1/2 in the last 15 minutes. Similar happened with Ings (admittedly a much bigger price) before he was randomly announced. So who knows....

Nice. I checked this morning and that's a significant shift, like wot happened with Ings.

the interview that the Southampton manager (bottled spelling it - sorry) gave after the game last night, when asked about the Ings transfer, made it sound like they could really do with the money to strengthen the squad as a whole and that selling players for more than they cost was their basic business model

4 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

the interview that the Southampton manager (bottled spelling it - sorry) gave after the game last night, when asked about the Ings transfer, made it sound like they could really do with the money to strengthen the squad as a whole and that selling players for more than they cost was their basic business model

Yes, I heard that. Let's do the decent thing, give them the money they need and get the JWP & Ings band back together.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be honest no mid table premier league team will like us now. We’ve been complete shit for about 10 years and out of nowhere have jumped above them and are buying some of their players. All this because we have shit loads of money.   It’s like a scaled down version of what city have done.  So we can’t really hate on city and be hypocrites in my opinion. 

One summer transfer period, doesn’t make up for the last 25 years.

42 minutes ago, wict01 said:

If JWP does sign, the first few weeks of the season are going to be really interesting in terms of how we line up. I can't quite work my head around how all of this is going to piece together. 

With Luiz needing a holiday and likely not back for a few weeks it's relatively easy for me, if we sign Cantwell for £30m+ I will then have no clue

Ollie

Bailey.   Ings.  Buendia

JWP.  McGinn

Ings more of a Second Striker so sort of like 442 but the pressing him and Ollie do will make it not feel like 442 when we don't have the ball. Luiz/JWP battle it out, McGinn & Sanson too. I'll still feel CM is too lightweight but our options will atleast be improved.

If we sign Cantwell, AEG has to be going. That's a lot of squad turnover and Dean has a huge amount of work to do to get that many new bodies gelling quickly. Not sure how we'll play then as £30m+ you'd anticipate Cantwell starting

Edited by HalfTimePost

Â