James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

Saints Web despises us LOL

They will implode if we sign JWP.

I was thinking that.  Surely the owners wouldn't risk alienating their fanbase that much? 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I was thinking that.  Surely the owners wouldn't risk alienating their fanbase that much? 

If JWP wants to come, which I’m sure he will (sorry Saints fans), then they’ll do well to keep him. It’s no different to Man City plucking Grealish from us.

There is a food chain and there is absolutely zero loyalty in football anymore. In an ideal world, both Grealish and Ward Prowse would stay at their respective clubs for their careers but immortality at club level is fairly low down on the priority list for footballers now. 

I can’t see us getting him for less than 40m and tbh, I think he’s probably worth that, if not more to Saints. He plays every match, he’s a leader, he has a serious engine on him and he’d give us 5 goals extra from set pieces alone next season. I think Villa will go all out for him. 

Just now, Bazmonkey said:

Out of Cantwell and JWP......JWP would be a great buy.....fit in nicely.

Cantwell is a good player but I think he would take time to develop need a year or two 

They play in completely different positions--can't see it being a case of either/or.

• Like 1

Looks like Saints are restructuring completely, it's sad really, they were such a good example of how to build a club - but yes please we shall have their best players now - I've had to put up with Saints supporting inlaws for 8 years when they constantly beat us and it always felt so wrong. JWP would not strengthen us by one good player, he'd be multiplying our threat. Get it done Lange!

Just now, Lord Willard said:

Feel sorry for Saints but I still hope we get JWP. 

Reminds me of when Villa sold Benteke and then Delph finally went. We later got relegated. Saints following our footsteps? 

Yeah it would be a real shame. Especially as there's is brought on by their owner passing. Ours was brought on by our owner giving up so I have even more sympathy for them.

But I suppose we can't get sentimental.

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Who cares what Southampton fans think of us? Newcastle fans dint like us after SOB on the Tyne, who cares. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

If you think that after gullibly believing Grealish was staying because of an incognito Leeds fan/NFL ITK and cryptic messages from random DJs that I'll take my information from a former Apprentice contestant...then you're absolutely correct.

Welcome JWP.😎

You win VillaTalk for the day. Well played, sir. 

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just a word of caution, that bloke is ‘apprentice candidate and entrepreneur’ so… not sure why he would know about our or Southampton’s transfer dealings.

Im still excited though as I want to believe! 

12 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Who cares what Southampton fans think of us? Newcastle fans dint like us after SOB on the Tyne, who cares. 

Was that when all their players started fighting each other? If so I don’t know why they blame us for that.

They should be upset about us unleashing Bruce on them. 

Â