James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

Imagine if it was 

Grealish Watkins Buendia 

McGinn JWP Sanson 

Target Ming's Konsa Cash 

Martinez 

That team against the top 6 🤤 would be one of the hardest, tenacious teams in the league. We'd be like Leeds but with actual quality. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Imagine if it was 

Grealish Watkins Buendia 

McGinn JWP Sanson 

Target Ming's Konsa Cash 

Martinez 

That team against the top 6 🤤 would be one of the hardest, tenacious teams in the league. We'd be like Leeds but with actual quality. 

This is why I don't think we need to spend much more on top of what we spend on JWP and Buendia. 
Yes, JWP might be 45m, but a net spend of 70m isn't excessive and we've massively improved our first team. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is why I don't think we need to spend much more on top of what we spend on JWP and Buendia. 
Yes, JWP might be 45m, but a net spend of 70m isn't excessive and we've massively improved our first team. 

We could throw in the young Chelsea full back who can also cover further up the right side of the pitch and also at left back. Throw in Sarr too. You know you want to. 😉

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Totally agree. We don't need 5 players in every window, we've got a good foundation to just add a few quality signings. Leave a bit of the budget for Christmas if we need cover etc. 

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Imagine if it was 

Grealish Watkins Buendia 

McGinn JWP Sanson 

Target Ming's Konsa Cash 

Martinez 

Ming's what? 

there arent enough schitts creek GIF by CBC

;)

Terrible grammar joke aside, that team looks sweet as f...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Imagine if it was 

Grealish Watkins Buendia 

McGinn JWP Sanson 

Target Ming's Konsa Cash 

Martinez 

I like that team against better teams than us. Then against teams we should be pressuring and beating we have the option of taking out a cm, moving Buendia to the 10 and Traore out wide. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I like that team against better teams than us. Then against teams we should be pressuring and beating we have the option of taking out a cm, moving Buendia to the 10 and Traore out wide. 

Exactly

We have so many options going into next season and that's before our transfer activity has even been completed.

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

This rumour is bordering on QAnon bollocks. Sorry to pop your balloons 

You can just ignore certain threads on VT you know. I feel that this particular one isn’t good for your sanity. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I do think we're all assuming Sanson is going to be good...

There is every chance he might fail to live up to our expectation.

Wait til Deano gets a preseason with him 😀

tbf we do have an awful record with french players/managers. Ban the French. Until we can get Mbappe of course

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

According to you, all the players we're linked with so far is bollocks?

False but Paul Doyle JWP article from 5 days ago that he's not backed up with further info and no one else has done anything but link his article looks like bollocks. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

You can just ignore certain threads on VT you know. I feel that this particular one isn’t good for your sanity. 

If the JWP to Villa rumour doesn't eventuate will I be the sane one?

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

False but Paul Doyle JWP article from 5 days ago that he's not backed up with further info and no one else has done anything but link his article looks like bollocks. 

The window closes in September ffs!

This isn't Football manager where we sign players within days of being linked to them.

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

This rumour is bordering on QAnon bollocks. Sorry to pop your balloons 

Your right, on the face of it, it does seem unthinkable. But Southampton are treading water and the question is whether JWP wants to tread water for the rest of his career or make a move in the prime of his career? Go to Villa, possible play in Europe in the next two seasons...

Remember a certain Villa captain moving to Middlesbrough FFS, how does that happen, so not the long shot as some may think, if we are indeed interested?

Â