James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

18 minutes ago, Shay said:

Get those claret and blue tinted glasses off. Made up link or not i dont think anyone can deny he is better than any of our midfielders so of course he will elevate our squad and first 11.

Grealish is a midfielder.

will ferrell laughing GIF

Ok jokes aside I get what you're trying to say.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Grealish is a midfielder.

will ferrell laughing GIF

Ok jokes aside I get what you're trying to say.

You know what i meant! 🤬🤣

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I am the personification of the logo of NZ Air Force

Flightless?

Eat roots and leaves?

Edited by AJ
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Good players (especially Milinkovic-Savic), but these would be much higher risk signings from Smith's perspective I think, based on what he's said recently. He clearly prefers players with experience of English football.

JWP would be a "day 1" signing. There'd be no integration period. He'd just start flying, I'm sure of that.

Yes, and the value for money argument is misframed too, imo. The value is in what he adds to the team performance. If we’re reverting to 4-3-3 then the priority in transition will be feeding the ball out quickly to Grealish and Buendia then offering support. JWP is an excellent and accurate passer of the ball, has a good engine and is combative - his England performance was superb in all these aspects. 

He’ll improve the team by losing the ball less, recovering it faster and making dead ball situations a threat again. I think we’ll go to £40m and it will be worth it. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Awol said:

I think we’ll go to £40m and it will be worth it. 

For us I think so too, he is better than our current central midfield and for £40m that's a good price

I also think that's about £20m short of what Southampton will want for him if they were to even sell him at all... And he's not worth that 

Do also agree with those suggesting that this is 2+2=5 a journo has taken the grealish set piece comments* and ran with it cooking this shit up, purslow being purslow won't lower himself in to taking about speculation, I really don't see this happening and hope it doesn't get dragged out all summer 

* would be interesting to know if what grealish said was laced with any bitterness over Hourihane struggling for games, going on loan and now I'd guess leaving this summer - but then that conversation would just start an "unhappy grealish wants out of villa" stream of bullshit 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Get **** again. I like our squad more than most that chat shit about several of our players.  Nothing against JWP but transfer articles that stink of being made up. Why not chat about Villa and stop commenting on me. 

Well said mate. Just block the troll.

He'll be taking his bat and ball home again soon anyway, like last he did last year when he made himself look a fool over Rashica and then went into hiding for months. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, villan_down_under said:

Well said mate. Just block the troll.

He'll be taking his bat and ball home again soon anyway, like last he did last year when he made himself look a fool over Rashica and then went into hiding for months. 

Brilliant. Well done.

I bet you've been waiting all year to post that.

57 posts in 14 years!..  away you go back under your stone.

• Haha 4

Â