James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Me too… Ollie is going to thrive!!

Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Apartments.com

What a signing Buendia is!

I love Ollie but I think he actually needs to step up in quality given what will be around him. All those shots that hit the woodwork need to start going in! And I think they will.

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

I love Ollie but I think he actually needs to step up in quality given what will be around him. All those shots that hit the woodwork need to start going in! And I think they will.

I have every faith in him, what a player…

• Like 2

I didn’t have any particular player in mind but there are so many talented ones out there…

I don’t have the knowledge base to pull from nowadays…

I liked the look of De Arrascaeta… linked to him a while ago.

My dream, and highly unlikely, signing would be Milinkovic-Savic. A beast of a midfielder and he strikes a mean free kick too… not gonna happen but would be elated if it somehow did 😆

Good players (especially Milinkovic-Savic), but these would be much higher risk signings from Smith's perspective I think, based on what he's said recently. He clearly prefers players with experience of English football.

JWP would be a "day 1" signing. There'd be no integration period. He'd just start flying, I'm sure of that.

Just now, KentVillan said:

Good players (especially Milinkovic-Savic), but these would be much higher risk signings from Smith's perspective I think, based on what he's said recently. He clearly prefers players with experience of English football.

JWP would be a "day 1" signing. There'd be no integration period. He'd just start flying, I'm sure of that.

I take your point and you are correct but my personal feeling is usually that the whole “PL experience” thing is a tired and overrated concept…

If the player is good enough and has the right personality, he will adapt and settle quickly. Many of the most successful sides bring in stars from abroad that light up the league… I don’t agree with clubs who are maybe frightened of that approach… 

I think SMS would stand out and be dominant in this league…

• Like 1

That’s my concern though, paying so much for someone who “quietly plays well” or is consistent… when we already have players that can do that and possibly more…

I would like genuine upgrades and players with exceptional attributes to display and contribute in improving our play (such as Buendia), especially at the kind of fees we are looking at…

But is that free kick ability worth that extra 10-20m? Hmmm…

• Like 1

Major digression but had to ask…

is it just me who sees every member as their avatar? So KentVilla is actually like or has the personality of Tom Hanks but then you have YouUnastanFren who looks like he might be a psychopath (sorry) but is actually a level headed guy…

I am the personification of the logo of NZ Air Force

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I am the personification of the logo of NZ Air Force

Really sorry about this but…

sometimes when I glance at those kiwi feet I see a butt… 

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That’s my concern though, paying so much for someone who “quietly plays well” or is consistent… when we already have players that can do that and possibly more…

I would like genuine upgrades and players with exceptional attributes to display and contribute in improving our play (such as Buendia), especially at the kind of fees we are looking at…

But is that free kick ability worth that extra 10-20m? Hmmm…

I know what you mean but I don't mind the deep lying mids being quietly good, especially if they can top it off by creating 3 good goalscoring chances from their set piece delivery.

It's far from a rarity as well, he's well up the charts for creativity. I spied his name in one of the charts in the Buendia thread.

Imagine if we had 3 of the top 10 creators in the league instead of just a measly 2.

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

is it just me who sees every member as their avatar? So KentVilla is actually like or has the personality of Tom Hanks but then you have YouUnastanFren who looks like he might be a psychopath (sorry) but is actually a level headed guy…

Haha I would love to say I'm the guy that clock choked Royce but sadly no. I actually only picked this picture because the one I wanted to use of him was above the size limit for the avatar. He usually only looks mildly angry rather than a full lunatic. Reference:

CTGb7nUXIAQojqB.jpg

3 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I know what you mean but I don't mind the deep lying mids being quietly good, especially if they can top it off by creating 3 good goalscoring chances from their set piece delivery.

It's far from a rarity as well, he's well up the charts for creativity. I spied his name in one of the charts in the Buendia thread.

Imagine if we had 3 of the top 10 creators in the league instead of just a measly 2.

Haha I would love to say I'm the guy that clock choked Royce but sadly no. I actually only picked this picture because the one I wanted to use of him was above the size limit for the avatar. He usually only looks mildly angry rather than a full lunatic. Reference:

CTGb7nUXIAQojqB.jpg

Denzel Washington Reaction GIF

If he signs for us I hope he scores from a direct free kick v Southampton in both league games next season and that we win them both, one of them 4-0. See how they like it. Ha ! 

15 hours ago, macandally said:

It may happen, it may not, but seemingly every 5th post in this threat seems to be you rubbishing it without once providing any evidence to the contrary.  We get your thoughts, and respect them (its a forum), but at least consider what others that potentially know more than you are offering before you arbitrarily shoot them down.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's became the new normal. 

It appears our friend isn't one for squad depth or a team of more than 11 players it would seem.

I suspect he gets pissed off at the Holte End being the 12th man!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

is it just me who sees every member as their avatar?

I invented football and am actually a statue.

Anyway, this thread is sort of reminiscent of the Jeffrey Epstein suicide/murder debate. Plenty of people wanted that man dead, and there were massive and worrying inconsistencies within the prison. But then again it’s also true that the man was facing life behind bars so maybe he just ended it. The truth could easily be either scenario, and anyone who claims to be “convinced” one way or the other seems strange to me. There’s genuine ambiguity there, and we might never know the truth. I don’t know why in the modern world people are hesitant to say “Seems unlikely to me, but yeah maybe.” Everything is black and white in these days of Twitter outrages.

The good news with JWP is we might actually get some resolution in the next few weeks. If more evidence emerges that we were interested, then I expect some posters to eat plenty of humble pie. 

• Like 2

I think JWP is being criminally underrated here and unfortunately some of our existing midfielders hugely overrated. 

I suspect that in terms of goals and assists he would - in one season - get more than all of central midfielders (including Barkley) in 20/21 combined. 

We scored 7 and assisted 9 from central midfield last season in the league (McGinn, Luiz, Conor and Barkley being the main contributors). JWP scored 8 and assisted 7 for Southampton by himself.

it’s pretty much a guarantee that he’d do better than that with us.

you then consider the wider impact on buendia, Watkins and grealish. With the best set piece taker in England (and one of the best in the world) opposition teams are not going to be able to hack our runners the way they did this season.

My only concern is that this transfer just doesn’t have any legs as I’d buy him for 50m if we could. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wouldn't worry about it, it's became the new normal. 

It appears our friend isn't one for squad depth or a team of more than 11 players it would seem.

I suspect he gets pissed off at the Holte End being the 12th man!

Get **** again. I like our squad more than most that chat shit about several of our players.  Nothing against JWP but transfer articles that stink of being made up. Why not chat about Villa and stop commenting on me. 

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 hour ago, Enda said:

If more evidence emerges that we were interested, then I expect some posters to eat plenty of humble pie. 

Narratives being created here where only people that question the veracity of Doyle article should eat humble pie. No consequence for anyone blindly believing the most tenuous player to Villa links yet every Grealish to City article is made up. Vine Ok GIF

Edited by Kiwivillan

Â