James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I don't know anything about Doyle, but when Percy reports something it's usually pretty solid (I'm not saying he reported this, I have no idea if he did or not)

Not a peep

Can you bet on US sports transfer rumours in the US? I'm not familiar that they have anything like the level of journos pulling bollocks out of their arses and wonder if that would garner some legal attention because of the gambling aspect and ability to manipulate a betting market

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Buendia was 4/11 to join Arsenal before they suspended the market

Can I get odds on JWP not signing for us. That sounds like free money

Betting odds don’t really work like that. They are largely calculated by the bookmakers based on how much money has been put on an event happening. In a relatively very small market such a this a few over excited Arsenal fans lumping on a few quid would dictate the odds. Not many people thought Emi would come too us, even we were only cautiously optimistic hence the odds. 

News papers want clicks, there is probably nothing worthy of A Percy mention to say Villa are even interested, even the slightest interest would get a Percy mention just for clicks.

Or

Fleet St is on NWSE land and they've all been told to keep schtum. 

2 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

The place i work with has good links with SFC, been chatting with somebody who thinks JWP might want to move on and that his agent contacted Villa.

That actually makes me think it's less chance of this happening. Whatever you may think of Deano and our recruitment team (and owners for that matter), they seem to be very planned and ready to act on what they think is the right way to go. They identify a player and go for him. They don't buy a £ 50 million player cause his agent voiced he he might have an interest.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, useless said:

Paul Doyle was the same journalist that started the rumour last summer that Sawiris was going to buy Portugese club Vitória de Guimarães, and then nothing else was heard of it again. I don't think he just randomly made it up, but does make me wonder if someone feeds him rumours as some sort of distraction technique or something, maybe have people think we're in for Ward-Prowse when in fact it's Sarr that we we want - although not really sure what purpose that would serve.

Hasn't it recently been speculated that Wes Edens was looking into buying a stake in Vitoria?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That actually makes me think it's less chance of this happening. Whatever you may think of Deano and our recruitment team (and owners for that matter), they seem to be very planned and ready to act on what they think if the right way to go. They identify a player and go for him. They don't buy a £ 50 million player cause his agent voiced he he might have an interest.

Unless, of course, we happened to enquire about Ward-Prowse some months back and Southampton told us "no".  Fast forward to the summer where Southampton have fallen away, and his agent contacts us to say "the answer was no before, but hey, the situation has changed...".

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

News papers want clicks, there is probably nothing worthy of A Percy mention to say Villa are even interested, even the slightest interest would get a Percy mention just for clicks.

Or

Fleet St is on NWSE land and they've all been told to keep schtum. 

Percy doesn't tend to report or tweet stuff unless it's happening. Not 100%, but I've seen enough from him to realise if he says it, it's either happening or the interest is real.

He's not someone who will just mention stuff for clicks

21 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yes, you’re not convinced the rumour is true. I’ve got it. Saying that over and over again won’t stop us discussing it though. 

Amen sister.

• Like 1

The good thing about creating account on Blue Moon to rubbish many posts about Grealish signing for them is no one there has accused me of being negative. Mostly comments about if he arrives for talks would VT say it's photoshopped. Yes someone actually referenced VT over Delph

3 minutes ago, ZL- said:

FWIW Ward-Prowse agent is Jonathan Barnett who also represents our very own Jack Grealish and Esri Konsa.

Whilst agents certainly have no loyalties, at least in this case we have an agent who has seen first-hand how serious we are about our project and the money we are prepared to throw around.

That's the most interesting link yet

6 minutes ago, ZL- said:

FWIW Ward-Prowse agent is Jonathan Barnett who also represents our very own Jack Grealish and Esri Konsa.

Whilst agents certainly have no loyalties, at least in this case we have an agent who has seen first-hand how serious we are about our project and the money we are prepared to throw around.

Buendia having same agent as Martinez didn't help us sign him...

..oh wait :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, macandally said:

We may not get JWP, and we may never know really whether we are in for him or not, but I find your repetitive insistence that this has no grounds, without any evidence, a bit comical. 

So if we don't get him I'm still in the wrong in my assumption. No burden of proof on the rumour instigator 

11 minutes ago, ZL- said:

Precisely. If there is one person who knows whether Jack wants to leave or to stay, it's his agent. Now, assuming the answer is 'stay' - and we're building a formidable team, by adding players of the calibre of Buendia... if I was JWP, I'd be seriously interested. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

So if we don't get him I'm still in the wrong in my assumption. No burden of proof on the rumour instigator 

To be fair, most rumours don't come to light.  Personally, I think the odd thing is your repeated insistence that this particular rumour is ridiculous.  Most people kind of dismiss it initially and then don't bother following up on that.

Each to their own though 👍

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think you, like most people outside of the game (including me), know nothing about this transfer.

Whilst there are obvious click bait links, this one seemingly has a bit more to it however, like any transfer, has lots of moving pieces.  It may happen, it may not, but seemingly every 5th post in this threat seems to be you rubbishing it without once providing any evidence to the contrary.  We get your thoughts, and respect them (its a forum), but at least consider what others that potentially know more than you are offering before you arbitrarily shoot them down.

• Like 1

Â