James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

IMO, add someone like Pape Sarr into our midfield against Watford and the result still would be the same.  I don't see how one brick shithouse midfielder would have stopped an unfit Matt Targett from getting wrecked over and over again 1v1 by Ismalia Sarr or would have stopped Watford from tripling up on Buendia whenever he came near the ball in possession.  

So get Matt fit and put £20m behind the bar for the Christmas pi$$ up?

19 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Whilst I don’t expect this to happen at £50m, it seems very likely that JWP is interested in the move, else this would’ve been squashed a long time ago. 

I think the £50m price tag has pretty much squashed a move to villa. He may still move elsewhere.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, KMitch said:

IMO, add someone like Pape Sarr into our midfield against Watford and the result still would be the same.  I don't see how one brick shithouse midfielder would have stopped an unfit Matt Targett from getting wrecked over and over again 1v1 by Ismalia Sarr or would have stopped Watford from tripling up on Buendia whenever he came near the ball in possession.  

Brick shithouse maybe not no, but a DM who can hold their position and support the back line when Watford were breaking maybe so. Nakamba was constantly out of position either due to being told to move forward with the play or through doing so himself either way it didn’t help when Watford were able to break. Someone to play that position could have made a difference and we wouldn’t have to rely on McGinn busting a gut down the line to support Targett or cover for his lack of pace/fitness multiple times. 

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I know people don't rate Nakamba, I know why and I can totaly understand it, and I know he was absolutely dreadful on Saturday, but he CAN do this. As can Luiz. Maybe not to the standard we want, as in this mythical hybrid, but to a standard well enough to shackle Watford. The issue on Saturday, which you have alluded to yourself, was that we didn't see that either due to the system or due Nakamba losing his god damn mind. I'm actualyl surprised he didn't come off at half time with an irreparable nose bleed. 

James Ward-Prowse can fulfil this role also. In fact, I would say he's not a million miles away from the hybrid you and I want in terms of attributes. He has solid defensive numbers, is tactically aware, works his berries off and can pick a pass as well as any of our current midfielders. I imagine this is why they want him and what they want him for, to play at the base. 

If he's the player we want to complete the jigsaw, as in not another bloody square peg in a round hole, then we should go balls out to get him. It's not my money, I literally don't give a ****. Pay the man. 

I suppose this is all it boils down to, and I trust those in charge based off how we’ve handled ourselves these last few season. I personally think we’re a bit more unbalanced as a team at the minute with our new signings and adding JWP into the mix won’t help but if it’s what Dean and the board want then away we go. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Someone like Odegaard wouldn't even think about us...

We have to know our standing in the scheme of things, we are currently trying to punch above our weight and get out of midtable obscurity.

I understand that,  my point is only that there is more value in the European market

25 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I know people don't rate Nakamba, I know why and I can totaly understand it, and I know he was absolutely dreadful on Saturday, but he CAN do this. As can Luiz. Maybe not to the standard we want, as in this mythical hybrid, but to a standard well enough to shackle Watford. The issue on Saturday, which you have alluded to yourself, was that we didn't see that either due to the system or due Nakamba losing his god damn mind. I'm actualyl surprised he didn't come off at half time with an irreparable nose bleed. 

James Ward-Prowse can fulfil this role also. In fact, I would say he's not a million miles away from the hybrid you and I want in terms of attributes. He has solid defensive numbers, is tactically aware, works his berries off and can pick a pass as well as any of our current midfielders. I imagine this is why they want him and what they want him for, to play at the base. 

If he's the player we want to complete the jigsaw, as in not another bloody square peg in a round hole, then we should go balls out to get him. It's not my money, I literally don't give a ****. Pay the man. 

I always considered JWP a deep lying midfield although I haven’t seen him enough to really comment. He seems breaks up play but also uses the ball well. A bit like how Mascherano played before dropping to centre half. I know this sounds a little controversial but I reckon if he was black fans would be more convinced he could play that role. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know this sounds a little controversial but I reckon if he was black fans would be more convinced he could play that role. 

Probably. The double barrelled name doesn't help him either, he just sounds like a fanny. 

Â