James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

48 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He probably knows this but will just wait for the inevitable sack and compensation.  We’ve all seen it before.

Why shouldn’t he though, different from Bruce amd Lambert etc. Tools have been taken from him, he will easily get another job

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Quotes from the Southampton CEO 

I suspect he’d know if there was a danger of a release clause taking it out of their hands like we had with Grealish, otherwise those quotes are pretty unequivocal.

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-james-ward-5770149

Oh man reading this guys quotes it reminds me of shit Wyness used to come out with. Feel for Southampton.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I suspect he’d know if there was a danger of a release clause taking it out of their hands like we had with Grealish, otherwise those quotes are pretty unequivocal.

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-james-ward-5770149

“He has incredible value to us. He Ioved being here and we don’t see any reason why that would change.”

Nowhere has he said categorically. James Ward Prowse is not for sale and won't be leaving at all this window. The above is the closest we get to it, "we don't see any reason why that would change". 

He's for sale clearly at the right price and I'd expect Southampton want a good deal and need the replacement players lined up too. Look at what we did with Jack, dragged it out so we could Ings in the same day as Bailey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

He's trying to bump the price up 

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s PR by the club to soften the blow when JWP leaves 

And another one!

Nowhere has he said categorically. James Ward Prowse is not for sale and won't be leaving at all this window. The above is the closest we get to it, "we don't see any reason why that would change". 

He's for sale clearly at the right price 

It’s like the Monty Python Black Knight on here sometimes. ‘It’s just a flesh wound’ 😂

Edited by LondonLax
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I'm not seeing him say he's not for sale. He may very well not be for sale, but he hasn't said that. 

14 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

If anything, it would make it look worse if he leaves. Convincing your fanbase that he won't only for him to walk out the door would just piss them off.

The onus shifts toward the player - we loved JWP and wanted him to stay, he choose otherwise etc 

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He wasn't even told about Ings until he was at Villa. 

Says it all really. Southampton are legs akimbo but the entrance fee is still being negotiated. 

Just because Southampton are in a financial mess and their best striker and defender have left in the last couple of weeks, does not mean their best midfielder will leave as well. 

Literally just went through this. Coaches/Players/Sporting Directors words mean almost nothing. Clubs are negotiating massive sums for these transfers. No way they let anything that could affect the negotiation out into the open. 

19 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Am I the only one not to bothered about this Fella joining us and wishing for someone better instead?

Similarly not that bothered for what we will have to pay for him 

Â