James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Doesn’t this leave us extremely light on the left  sided attack?

We've done an 'all the right backs' situation but now with right wingers. Surely Bailey is going to end up on the left. Or if we play a diamond or wingbacks then it doesn't matter.

35 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I was just saying, this is the kind of ITK I live for and the reason I get out of bed every morning. If the deal comes off, it propels @avfcDJ into that legendary category along with myself and Villalad (It's an exclusive club). 

Do you all play dress up?

What's your safeword, Delphino?

The atmosphere must be electric when you three get together!

Bet you love teasing each other about previous insider reveals.

Guessing you meet on Wednesdays, yeah?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Buendia, Young, Philogene-Bidace - think we'd be fine.

Edit: I know Buendia may be playing in the hole, Young full back, but just mean we have plenty of options if we want right-footed inverted winger in the 4-3-3. If we're playing 4-4-2 then we may go with left-footed left mid anyway (so Bailey or Traore).

Edited by KentVillan

Just now, avfcDJ said:

We are in for him, nothing has been accepted. Saints want as much as they can get - pushing harder now Grealish has gone. 

look, just say it's happening, we don't want this weighted and reasonable debate here ok?

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

A full season of Prem experience without impacting us is a fantastic idea for his development. 

Selling them AEG and loaning JJ or Conor if they'd prefer in part exchange for Ward Prowse is a fair deal for everyone. AEG & JJ would be starters for them.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

4 minutes ago, Rolta said:

We've done an 'all the right backs' situation but now with right wingers. Surely Bailey is going to end up on the left. Or if we play a diamond or wingbacks then it doesn't matter.

Look at Watkins heat map from last season. Heavily left sided. Smith said we can play 3 up top

Also Bailey has played double number of games on left than right for Bayer but I think he'll be played on right of front 3

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

look, just say it's happening, we don't want this weighted and reasonable debate here ok?

The only thing definitely happening is this forum having a collective man crush on Cash, amiright?

9 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Buendia, Young, Philogene-Bidace - think we'd be fine.

Edit: I know Buendia may be playing in the hole, Young full back, but just mean we have plenty of options if we want right-footed inverted winger in the 4-3-3. If we're playing 4-4-2 then we may go with left-footed left mid anyway (so Bailey or Traore).

Bailey, Buendia, Traore, Philogene-Bidace as the 4 wide players. Ash can play there too obviously but no left back cover. Hopefully Trez is fit by end of the year. Also Ings could play left side of Watkins in a front 3. Wouldn't be ideal only having 3 proven wide players though 

El Ghazi did get a lot of goals for the minutes played last season so still would rather we keep him and pay them the extra 10-15m

Edited by CVByrne

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Look at Watkins heat map from last season. Heavily left sided. Smith said we can play 3 up top

Also Bailey has played double number of games on left than right for Bayer but I think he'll be played on right of front 3

I would want that myself, but Smith talked down the idea of playing Watkins on the left. There's debate whether that includes 'the left of a narrow front three'. Although his heatmaps put him on the left a lot, I think drifting to the left from a central position is very different to playing and starting on the left. He'd either have to take people on on the outside or drift centrally, and I don't really see either as massive parts of his game.

42 minutes ago, nick76 said:

With Wes connection let’s just get in Giannis in from the Bucks.  At 6ft 11 he’d be perfect.  Yes I know he’s a Basketball player but the height fits our need 😜

Tbf  his father was a professional footballer and I believe one of his brothers was as well, might be worth a shot.

Think he's an Arsenal fan, though.:wacko:

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I would want that myself, but Smith talked down the idea of playing Watkins on the left. There's debate whether that includes 'the left of a narrow front three'. Although his heatmaps put him on the left a lot, I think drifting to the left from a central position is very different to playing and starting on the left. He'd either have to take people on on the outside or drift centrally, and I don't really see either as massive parts of his game.

Yeah the difference of "left" in how Jack played last season and Left in the sense of how Mane plays for Liverpool as Firminho drops deep and Mane and Salah play as the two CFs. Watkins Ings Bailey lining up how Mane Firminho Salah do makes sense in Watkins playing style

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Tbf  his father was a professional footballer and I believe one of his brothers was as well, might be worth a shot.

Think he's an Arsenal fan, though.:wacko:

and we can obviously offer him a payrise on his 5 year $228m (£165m) contract, which is only £635,000 per week. 🤢

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

and we can obviously offer him a payrise on his 5 year $228m (£165m) contract, which is only £635,000 per week. 🤢

The magical draw of a chance at qualifying for Europa Conference League football cannot be overstated.

• Haha 2

Â