James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

12 minutes ago, ender4 said:

£25 Million + El Ghazi + Ramsey on loan for a season would probably work for both parties.   

Southampton get a decent wedge in the bank, a decent winger (not sure if they need one) and Ramsey could be pretty strong for them in the JWP role.

For us the benefits are obvious.

Ramsey would like it because he gets lots of game time in the PL and comes back a stronger player. 

Not sure if El Ghazi would accept it.

edit - £25 million , not £25k!

Loaning them JJ isn't a bad idea. 

I'm not saying this as a fact, I'm happy to be told I'm wrong but signing JWP gives our midfield the appearance of being "small", none of our midfielders are really that imposing are they.... McGinn definitely is at his best but more as terrier. 

I feel like we need that taller more imposing midfielder...

Edited by Villan_of_oz
PS I am not against signing him at all

Just now, jimmygreaves said:

If a player was to be included in the deal wouldn't Hourihane be the obvious makeweight. Replace JWP with another midfielder?

He's not up to Premiership standards. Anwar is

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Load of nonsense. Kanté is 5'7" etc I went through top 100 PL headers won last season and about 4 were midfielders rest defenders or attackers. This is imaginary football world in people's minds where balls are pumped to midfield and tall midfielders win headers. It doesn't exist in PL

Very interesting point. Admittedly I always thought we needed a tall CDM for that reason....happy to be proven wrong.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Load of nonsense. Kanté is 5'7" etc I went through top 100 PL headers won last season and about 4 were midfielders rest defenders or attackers. This is imaginary football world in people's minds where balls are pumped to midfield and tall midfielders win headers. It doesn't exist in PL

This is actually true. Long gone are the days when even defenders head the ball all that much apart from when crosses come into the box. In the good old days, the defender would pass the ball back to the keeper who would immediately pick the ball up and kick it as far upfield as he could. Nowadays, most teams play it out from the back.

I'm not saying height isn't a good advantage to have, especially if you're a defender, but the idea you need tall midfielders is just nonsense. Give me 5ft8 ballers over 6ft4 destroyers any day of the week. You don't need to head the ball in midfield if the other team don't have it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Like I said I'm happy to be wrong, it was just an image I had in my head. Kante is everything you want in a midfielder so I take your point.

JWP brings plenty of qualities I like so I'm all for getting him in...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Not many people know I am actually a lady.

31 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

to be fair, I've known @avfcDJ a while now, never even gave a sniff of wanting to be known as ITK, nor is he an attention seeker. Thanks for the info mate.

Reminds me of a painful trip to Thailand.

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I can confirm!

That’s quite exciting then!

£30m plus AEG values JWP at £45-50m which I think is right/fair - we said the same for McGinn when Liverpool were rumoured to be interested. 

If they’d like to take Ramsey on loan as a sweetener that would work for everyone.

Â