James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He will be expensive but he would hit the ground running. Non of this getting used to the league, country etc. That’s why I think he is worth paying extra for.

That and we can actually be a threat at free kicks!👏😃

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Am I the only one not to bothered about this Fella joining us and wishing for someone better instead?

Nope. I have the same feeling with him as I do with ESR. Really not value for price and hope we get someone better. We got the much more proven Bailey at a fraction of the price we would have to pay for ESR. Perhaps we could find someone else like that instead of JWP.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Plus, we might actually get to witness a direct free kick scored for Villa for the first time since 1912...

Just beat me to it lol but yes with JWP I would actually be confident that something could happen.

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What a very poetic way to say, 'he might not have the final say' :crylaugh:

I quite like the dude but last season has completely blown his mind.

What you see in the following gif is exactly what's going on in the poor chaps head 24/7.

Image result for hasenhuettl gif

Struggle to think of a midfielder outside of the top 4 better than him. Tielemans is the only one I can think of. 

He would immediately be the best midfielder on our team. Can't see Southampton selling but if it happens I will LOVE it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Struggle to think of a midfielder outside of the top 4 better than him. Tielemans is the only one I can think of. 

He would immediately be the best midfielder on our team. Can't see Southampton selling but if it happens I will LOVE it. 

Good shout, and to be fair it’s really a top 5 now imo. Leicester are on that higher level of club. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lord Willard said:

He is a 26 year old James Milner who is also the best set piece taker in the PL. 

That's it, not an exciting player, but a very good midfielder who would improve the "team". We can't have a team of 11 flair players, look at that Liverpool middle 3, on paper it looks fairly ordinary but works very well to let the flair players win the games. They also score very few goals from midfield.

45 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Sounds like a Van Dyke Parks lyric from 1966

"Child is father of the man" is an idiom originating from the poem "My Heart Leaps Up" by William Wordsworth. 

As you were... 

• Thanks 1

If JWP does leave Southampton I will honestly feel a little sorry for them. Losing Vestergaard, Ings and JWP would be identical to the summer we lost Vlaar, Benteke and Delph and we all know how that panned out.

Freakishly similar.

• Like 1

Â