James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

19 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Bet the Mods appreciate you dragging up dead threads just to tell them how to do their job

Bloody hell, let it go. I get your point now.

What do you want, an apology?

Link to The Athletic saying we’ve had a £25m opening bid rejected 

https://theathletic.com/news/southampton-reject-25m-james-ward-prowse-bid-from-aston-villa/iVM2Wztj81KZ 

Paul Doyle, legend.

Aston Villa have had a £25 million bid for Southampton captain James Ward-Prowse rejected.

The Athletic understands Southampton would be incredibly reluctant to sell their captain to a direct rival and they realise he is their most highly-valued asset. He has just signed a new contract with them.

It is believed that the initial offer was seen as derisory and not even considered by the south coast club. A second bid is expected.

Ward-Prowse starred for Southampton last season, scoring eight goals in 38 Premier League appearances for the south coast side. He was also heavily in the mix for Gareth Southgate's England squad for Euro 2020, only being cut from the 26-man selection at the final hurdle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Villa need to stop faffing about here and get some of these over the line. The Smith Rowe thing was cute but also a bit of posturing. They knew it would never come off. Douglas Luiz will be knackered after the Olympics. Ideally, we'd want Ward - Prowse in and ready to start at Watford.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Villa need to stop faffing about here and get some of these over the line. The Smith Rowe thing was cute but also a bit of posturing. They knew it would never come off. Douglas Luiz will be knackered after the Olympics. Ideally, we'd want Ward - Prowse in and ready to start at Watford.

I mean, if we're serious about him, there's still plenty of time for that to happen.

We were allegedly looking at £40-50m a few weeks back and allegedly made an opening bid then around the £35m mark.

We've then waited over a month and opened with a laughable £25m the very day we get sent £100m offer for Jack?

Not very sensible is it? Would've been better off putting the ESR money into JWP 4 weeks ago before everyone and their nans knew we had £100m on the table. Feels like a quick way of trying to change the news cycle

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I mean, if we're serious about him, there's still plenty of time for that to happen.

Spot on. we've got to have faith. we've got a more than capable team I/c of our transfer operations.

Â