James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

31 minutes ago, useless said:

He’s either a local journalist that has genuinely reported what he’s heard, or interpreted what he’s heard with a positive slant for Southampton, or made it all up to help Southampton. Which ever it is at least he’s looking after his local team. Unlike the ar$hole$ at the Brum Mail who constantly undermine us. 

Edited by DaveAV1

He's a journalist that works for the athletic and has a good reputation for being reliable, he's just reporting what he's heard and it's likely correct.

To be honest it makes perfect sense that we''re not interested in Ward-Prowse, especially if it's true that we want Smith Rowe, Smith Rowe would play as a No.10 which would leave two midfield spaces left, Ward-Prowse isn't a DM, and I doubt we're looking to replace McGinn, and we've also just bought Sanson and have Ramsey and Chukwuemeka that can play the No.8 role..

Not only that but even if we were interested in another No.8 midfielder my guess is that the club would feel it could do better for the money it would cost than it would take to buy Ward-Prowse, and that's if he was available for around £40m...

From what John Percy has said it seems we want a DM and an attacking midfielder rather than someone like Ward-Prowse.

15 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Kiwivillain when he comes on this thread next:

wwe raw GIF

I can just hear the King screaming, its Mr mcMann and he walking with a purpose 🤣

• Haha 1

For what Southampton would want for him, I don’t think he’s worth it to us. We can probably find better abroad. Not that I wouldn’t want JWP, I would, he’s a good player. Southampton don’t want to sell and as such his fee, if there ever was one, wouldn’t be good value for us. 

• Like 1

This and the ESR links at Arsenal could all be a smokescreen to help with the work permit for the Alvarez.

Rules might have changed but if you could show that a similar talent was far more expensive it would help your case.   Alvarez is being quoted at 15 million while these pair are quouted North of 35 mill.

Villa could just be playing the system.  Also unsettling other teams just like they have done to Villa in the past.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â