James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hi, I'm James Ward Prowse.

I play for Southampton, a team who ended the season poorly, who have little to no ambition to get better, who have let the best left back we've had in years go on a free, a club that is also likely to let Ings go when the right offer comes in and a club owned by god knows who.

Oh look, Villa are in for me. A club who have spent 300m in the last 3 years, a club with an unbelievable training facility, a much better stadium, 3 England internationals (Including their best player), 3 more players who should be in the squad, my best mate is their left back and they have told me they want to be in Europe next season. Oh, and they're offering me a 25k a week payrise. 

That is why JWP will want to join Villa. 

P.S. I'm a Pompey fan. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Wait til Deano gets a preseason with him 😀

tbf we do have an awful record with french players/managers. Ban the French. Until we can get Mbappe of course

Do we? Veretout and Amavi were both very good signings. Just a shame about the defenders we signed. Specifically Richards and Lescott.

Edited by MotoMkali

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's amazing 1 guy with no transfer background can write an article that on face of reading says JWP would be good for Villa and no usual suspect backs it up, Percy, Romano, etc and people start creating new Villa teams based on this single source. This is how mythologies turn into religions 

You are twisting that narrative over and over again.

You could say someone who doesn’t deal in transfer rubbish put a story out because he had it on good authority?

do you think journalists have to notify Percy of stories prior to release so he can be the Capo de Capo?  

Wow!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Do we? Veretout and Amavi were both very good signings. Just a shame about the defenders we signed. 

I remember Amavi being good until he broke his leg early on in the season. Was never impressed with Veretout whenever he played though, probably something to do with him not integrating well. Obviously, both are doing really well now, but you could say that a lot of the other players we signed back then.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Just now, macandally said:

You are twisting that narrative over and over again.

You could say someone who doesn’t deal in transfer rubbish put a story out because he had it on good authority?

do you think journalists have to notify Percy of stories prior to release so he can be the Capo de Capo?  

Wow!

Would love Paul Doyle to clarify his article but complete silence. 

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Do we? Veretout and Amavi were both very good signings. Just a shame about the defenders we signed. Specifically Richards and Lescott.

I assume you mean Gueye and not Veretout? For Veretout barely played for us

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

I don't come on VillaTalk every day but every time I do I see arguments in transfer speculation threads. The clue is in the name - speculation. There is absolutely no harm in people talking about potential signings on here, no matter how unlikely they may seem. One of the main reasons I come on here is to read the speculation threads as I find them enjoyable.

I think this one probably won't happen but I wouldn't bet against it either. No harm in talking about it.

He won't like this sane logic at all, mate. Not one bit.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's amazing 1 guy with no transfer background can write an article that on face of reading says JWP would be good for Villa and no usual suspect backs it up, Percy, Romano, etc and people start creating new Villa teams based on this single source. This is how mythologies turn into religions 

It is on the guardian and that's not a blacklisted speculation source. The guy says we are "set to make a move"  which in transfer window talk is complete bollocks, but it's more than just saying he'd be a good fit for us.

With Villa so tight lipped these days,  we don't get many rumours that do meet our strict requirements until close to them having signed, by which time we can't have days of arguments about whether we are actually interested,  whether they're better than x other target, whether they're worth x many millions. 

So, we have to go with what we can get these days.  I agree it's a bit weak, but if you really don't rate the rumour, you can just ignore the thread?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macandally said:

Now your starting to sound like Julie B!

More like the opposite. People are running with this like wildfire. By all accounts Southampton have said no bids and he's not for sale because of one article. It's bad behaviour like every Grealish to Manure last season and Man City this season and I think it's irresponsible garbage

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

More like the opposite. People are running with this like wildfire. By all accounts Southampton have said no bids and he's not for sale because of one article. It's bad behaviour like every Grealish to Manure last season and Man City this season and I think it's irresponsible garbage

They really aren’t! You rubbish the Guardian Journalist as not credible then use their version of Of Matt Kendrick as a credible rebuff.

It’s bizarre and as stated, you are just choosing who you believe to fit your narrative whilst rubbishing anyone who dares disagree.

Take a day off, have a beer, relax

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MentalM said:

I assume you mean Gueye and not Veretout? For Veretout barely played for us

Gueye is Senegalese.

Veretout is French and got the most assists for us despite barely playing. 5 assists that season which is a pretty respectable figure for a Premier league player. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Gueye is Senegalese.

Veretout is French and got the most assists for us despite barely playing. 5 assists that season which is a pretty respectable figure for a Premier league player. 

Thats true, just thought he was french aswell!

I think Veretout was still poor, even with his 5 assists. By far the worst of the 4 who came from the French ligue that summer. Amavia was the best LB in the league prior to the injury, Gueye and Ayew played ok. 

1 minute ago, MentalM said:

Thats true, just thought he was french aswell!

I think Veretout was still poor, even with his 5 assists. By far the worst of the 4 who came from the French ligue that summer. Amavia was the best LB in the league prior to the injury, Gueye and Ayew played ok. 

I think he was the worst of the 4. But he was still our 4th best signing that season. 

And was obviously a good player otherwise he wouldn't be playing for a CL club. 

Edited by MotoMkali

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Well at least you’re not over reacting or anything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â