England v Austria/England v Romania

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Southgate is an utter fraud of a manager 

It's astonishing that so many brilliant players can look so very poor. 

Gareth Southgate is a magic man. If you just sent them out with no instructions having never even met each other before, I would expect more cohesion. It's actually breathtaking. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Honestly, what reason does Ollie have to put any effort into this?

This is just risking injury to players for their clubs, who aren't even competing.

Well, the obvious answer is that he’ll want to impress and make himself undroppable. 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The pride of playing for your country? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is just risking injury to players for their clubs, who aren't even competing.

He wants a ticket for the World Cup next year. 

3 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Was Venables a good manager though?

Average manager but an excellent man manager. England players don't need to be coached. Their club managers are better... they need someone to bring them together. A sense of camaraderie, get them connected as a team. El Tel letting them go on the rampage in Hong Kong before Euro 96 was a masterstroke ;) 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Satisfaction of knowing that 5000 Leeds fans are spitting coffee over their keyboard on Twitter moaning that Bamford is better 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Average manager but an excellent man manager. England players don't need to be coached. Their club managers are better... they need someone to bring them together. A sense of camaraderie, get them connected as a team. El Tel letting them go on the rampage in Hong Kong before Euro 96 was a masterstroke ;) 

Exactly. Can't believe I'm saying this as I detest the crook but twitchin 'arry would have this squad flying.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Was Venables a good manager though?

i think he was the right man for England but others things I cant remember what, meant he couldn't continue. 

• Like 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Just catch it, you boob. 

We're far too blessed having Emi in goal. Such a joy to see a keeper catch the ball rather than flap and punch all the time.

• Like 1

Â