UFOs

maqroll

14 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Highly anticipated Pentagon report to be released next month. I wonder how much information they will withhold.

All the bits that are classified aircraft I'd guess.

• Like 1

I usually watch Fran for the music stuff, but this was also interesting for a non-hysterical non dismissive view on the topic.

She takes a few minutes (well, about 12 actually) to get in to it.

54 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I usually watch Fran for the music stuff, but this was also interesting for a non-hysterical non dismissive view on the topic.

She takes a few minutes (well, about 12 actually) to get in to it.

That image in the thumbnail is a Batman balloon in fairness.

MWCompare.jpg

• Like 2

I love to think that there is other life out there and that some of it may have evolved to a point where they can travel the galaxies (thats the Trekkie in me!), I accept it’s obviously remote but it has to be possible, it’s not inconceivable to think that another planet began like us and at some point harnessed some form of super energy, shit, the way it’s going here we might one day crack the nut ourselves.

I actually think it’s pretty much the only thing that might save humanity in the long term, taking away the perception that we are the centre of the universe, that we’re divine in some way.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I actually think it’s pretty much the only thing that might save humanity in the long term, taking away the perception that we are the centre of the universe, that we’re divine in some way.

It does feel  like we are being led into some kind of Watchmen finale to teach us a lesson about living in harmony with each other and the planet itself. Hopefully to let us know that even if we are "divine" centres of our own Universe , so is everything else and it should be treated with the same respect.    

As for the start of your post I'm of the belief that there is far too much real estate out there in the cosmos that had billions of years to evolve before our solar system even formed.  Pretty much every religion has tales of visitors from the sky giving them advanced knowledge but it seems most of us won't be convinced until they get out of their cars and show their faces for some reason. 

Prehistoric Galleries: A Visit to Quinkan Country | Petroglyphs art, Rock  art, Art

• Like 1

If we are alone then that's not great,  if not,  where is everyone ?

The problems are many,  to get the power to get anywhere in the universe at a guess you need harness the power of a star or something and do the travel.  It's all too big.

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

If we are alone then that's not great,  if not,  where is everyone ?

The problems are many,  to get the power to get anywhere in the universe at a guess you need harness the power of a star or something and do the travel.  It's all too big.

Seems like a tough car ride to us primates but to a far advanced being "getting places" could be a trivial affair.  They could even send robotic surrogates that wouldn't care about being on a spaceship for hundreds of years ( Just my random thoughts)

I think it was Neil DeGrasse Tyson who said something along the lines of "Our kids bring home finger paintings of crappy houses and we go Oh wow that's fantastic and stick it on the fridge but an alien toddler might be able to do quantum physics calculations intuitively and it's parents don't give a crap"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brumerican said:

It does feel  like we are being led into some kind of Watchmen finale to teach us a lesson about living in harmony with each other and the planet itself. Hopefully to let us know that even if we are "divine" centres of our own Universe , so is everything else and it should be treated with the same respect.    

As for the start of your post I'm of the belief that there is far too much real estate out there in the cosmos that had billions of years to evolve before our solar system even formed.  Pretty much every religion has tales of visitors from the sky giving them advanced knowledge but it seems most of us won't be convinced until they get out of their cars and show their faces for some reason. 

Prehistoric Galleries: A Visit to Quinkan Country | Petroglyphs art, Rock  art, Art

Looks like something my son would draw. 

• Thanks 1

I’d say it’s pretty narrow minded to think we are the only intelligent life in the whole of the universe. Our minds can’t even comprehend the true depth of what’s possible and how things work in distant galaxies and other realms. It’s so exciting, but kind of crap, because I don’t think we’ll honestly ever find out what’s really out there. The technology on show is beyond human capabilities, well some of it anyway. 

• Like 1

Without question there are unidentified flying objects. I saw one last night. Didn’t know what it was, it went unidentified. 
I also believe somewhere in the universe there is life of some description. I am fairly narrow minded in that if there is intelligent life, billions and billions of light years away in an endless universe that they would travel all of that distance just to look at this speck of dust that is earth and think, might fly around a bit and then go off somewhere else. 

• Like 1

It does seem like there have been a lot more references to UFO's in recent times,  maybe we're about to learn something groundbreaking.  Then again....

The ST-71 Blackbird first flew in 1962, the first time the public saw it was 1976, fourteen years later; the first time the US gave out any detail on the programme was 1982.

I think a fair bit of UFO reporting will be test flights from aircraft we don't know about.

• Like 3

There's a push towards 'disclosure' for the past decade or do and it does look like, certainly in the last couple of years, it's gained some momentum, seemingly because of the tictac video.

I'll be surprised if the supposedly upcoming report is anything of worth still.

Â