League 1

Blackpool v Lincoln 

Monday

League 2 

Morecambe v Newport 

All games on SS3 & all 3 games kick off  3pm

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

amazing to think Brentford havent been in the top division since basically WW2 (if im reading it correctly).

This is probably as good as they've ever been.   One of my old managers at work is a Brentford fan and for most of the twenty years I've known him they've been absolute gash but the new owners have been fantastic for the club.  They've not financially doped the club but everything they have done has been really smart.   He was confident they'd win the playoffs this year, and that's after more playoff failures (10 attempts I think?) than probably any other club because this year they knew they had a good team and they'd known for a couple of months they'd be in the playoffs.  Last season the club were heartbroken they missed out on automatic promotion which affected their form in the playoffs.     I'm curious as to how far this model will take them,  if they come up then the rules change in the Premier League because the money needed to jump though each "level" is so much more.  They'll be able to recruit players because Brentford is a pretty nice part of London and people are always going to be attracted to that, but will they keep it up or will they just be the next Swansea?

14 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

but will they keep it up or will they just be the next Swansea?

I think they'd be delighted to be the next Swansea. They spent 7 years in the Premier League!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, sne said:

How are Brentford going to manage to screw this up?

They really shouldn't 

Just compact, sacrifice possession and make Swansea do something because based on what they've shown so far Swansea won't 

Then pick them off on the counter 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think they'd be delighted to be the next Swansea. They spent 7 years in the Premier League!

And win a league cup while they are at it.  But you know what I mean, Swansea we’re the poster boys for having a philosophy and building a sustainable club and now it’s Brentford.  Swansea moved away from their model when they appointed Laudrup and short term gains ended up with relegation.  I’m still not sure if they punched above their weight and did well to stay up for so long or if they got punished for abandoning their principles.  The comparison to their opposition in today’s game is there for all to see. 

• Like 1

Â