Dwight McNeil

tomav84

21 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I think the prices people are quoting in here will be low. Burnley will want top dollar for him. 

Yep, no need for them to sell. Safe and established in the league and they have new owners. Will be a huge fee if he’s even made available.

I hope we take our business elsewhere, better & better value out there.

21 hours ago, TRO said:

His Rating is 77....Potential is what it is Potential....sure at 21, he has talent growth in him, but that is just speculation.

Our own players have:

El Ghazi is 75

Trez Is 76

Traore is 77

Rashica Is 80 another target.

I am not sure if anything can be gleaned from that?.....but maybe no better than we already have, if that is anything to go by.

Still enjoy a game of FIFA do you TRO? 😉 😆 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah but that’s the problem, they will probably be asking for at least double that and it’s simply wouldn’t be worth it. 20m would be ok and another decent option for the squad.

But, we need top quality introduced into that first 11 to almost immediately elevate us (like last summer’s signings) and make us more creative and potent. 
There are many better ways to spend that kind of money…

Again, I think & hope he may be lower down on a list of priority targets… 

Exactly.  If they start asking 40m we move along. He doesn't have anywhere near the credentials of Buendia or Pereira, so only if he's significantly cheaper is he worth pursuing. 

Now if the other i mentioned are being held on to until a club offers 60m, then it sets the scene.  But based on rumour and hearsay, that is surely unrealistic. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Exactly.  If they start asking 40m we move along. He doesn't have anywhere near the credentials of Buendia or Pereira, so only if he's significantly cheaper is he worth pursuing. 

Now if the other i mentioned are being held on to until a club offers 60m, then it sets the scene.  But based on rumour and hearsay, that is surely unrealistic. 

Better than Pereira.

Buendia is probably better right now, but McNeil has a higher ceiling.

11 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Better than Pereira.

Granted Buendia is a short arse, but I'm certain he hasn't had his ceiling lowered.

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Better than Pereira.

This is almost the opposite of my view which is: Pereira is the best of them now with guaranteed goals, Buendia has the highest ceiling but I have a nagging doubt he will reach it for some reason, McNeil is a proven PL player and will always perform at a high level but will never be a Grealish which Buendia might (might!) be.

Three very good players anyway.

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Absolutely not

When Buendia was McNeil’s age he had 6 goals and 13 assists in LaLiga 2. 2 years before that he scored a singular goal in LaLiga in 17 matches. By 19 McNeil already had 3 goals and 5 assists in the prem.

McNeil also has the same number of score involvements as Buendia when Norwich was in the Prem and has done it over 3 years in an equally non-attacking team. Prem wise they’re on par, but McNeil is younger and has done it for longer...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Better than Pereira.

Pereira is a prick - every time he scored a penalty he'd run off and put his fingers in his ears - ok, mate - because you've been so great, what's why you're going down - baggy bastard

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I think you are over analizing this

I'm sure Lee Hendrie told a story about how the squad got Postma a loads of dildos to take the piss when the news story broke. Postma pretty much just said 'oh a bag of dildos, nice. Thanks guys' and was really happy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, May-Z said:

I'm sure Lee Hendrie told a story about how the squad got Postma a loads of dildos to take the piss when the news story broke. Postma pretty much just said 'oh a bag of dildos, nice. Thanks guys' and was really happy. 

true story, plus the story of him making his Mrs wear a particular item to smash him with.

23 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

This is almost the opposite of my view which is: Pereira is the best of them now with guaranteed goals, Buendia has the highest ceiling but I have a nagging doubt he will reach it for some reason, McNeil is a proven PL player and will always perform at a high level but will never be a Grealish which Buendia might (might!) be.

Three very good players anyway.

Pereira drops in and out of games too much for me. Keep in mind to, his 11G and 6A look good, but 4 of his goals were penalties. Without those he looks like a less mystical Traore.

When comparing Buendia and McNeil remember Buendia is 24 and McNeil is 21. Buendia is only 1 year younger than Jack and McNeil is 3 years younger than Buendia. McNeil also has better Premier League form than either Jack or Buendia at the same age. 

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Still enjoy a game of FIFA do you TRO? 😉😆 

I haven't got a scoobie, with things like that, I'm a Dinosaur, don't forget......just read the ratings.....but not sure of the accuracy.

I do watch the games though.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

I haven't got a scoobie, with things like that, I'm a Dinosaur, don't forget......just read the ratings.....but not sure of the accuracy.

I do watch the games though.

Been a fair while for me too 😆

I wouldn’t trust the ratings there, don’t think our existing players are rated accordingly.

As is often the case with the media, all the focus and attention revolves around the “elite teams” more than anything.

Â