Dwight McNeil

tomav84

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I trust his eye for a player is better than someone on VT who is probably going on about 30 mins of footage and some computer game stats

How very dare you. Some of the finest football analysts in the country stalk these very pages I’ll have you know!

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Do you think he was named after Yorke? Born just after the treble, he’s a Man United fan, and his dad’s from Manchester. 

Anyway, he looks a good player, but doesn’t get me as excited as Buendia. Back the recruitment team to get it right. 

Named after Dwight Gale 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I reckon he is definitely a player that would interest Dean.  He reminds me of a Hourihane but with athleticism.  Got a lovely left foot.

Foot fetish??

• Haha 2

I think he has a great future and can see this happening more so than Buendia, he has a lot of potential and we have a proven team of coaches that can develop young players. He'd slot in nicely on the LW and could interchange with Jack at No 10 no brainer for me if the price wasn't inflated.

• Like 1

Depends on cost of course but I think this guy could be a very intriguing signing if we pushed ahead with it. Assuming Jack moves into the middle that would I imagine draw the usual 2-3?players to him perhaps leaving McNeil to whip quick early balls into danger areas for Ollie. Plus from what I have seen which isn’t that much to be fair he seems to work hard have a good engine and fairly quick perhaps without being rapid 

Takes a good set piece with his left peg too. Would be a good signing if it happens. Would cost a premium though. They were demanding £50m for Tarkowski last summer weren’t they? I’d imagine they would want that or more for McNeil. 

McNeil is a potentially good player, United see him as an academy loss. He is similar to Ashley Young when at Watford and he destroyed us at Burnley this season 

Price might be too much though. 25 million is a good price but Burnley will want more

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Perfect FM newgen. 

I’m surprised people aren’t that keen on McNeil as a player (if we ignore any price speculation). He’s exactly the kind of wide player that we don’t have - good at crossing. Watkins’ movement in the box is actually very good but Traore/El Ghazi/Trezeguet don’t have consistent quality to find him and Grealish often holds on to the ball for longer meaning the movement is made redundant. McNeil (from what I’ve seen) is much more adept at getting the ball in quickly and with quality. 

He also has a decent shot on him AND is still very young - loads of room for improvement. Whilst our wide players have moments of brilliance, McNeil is far closer to being a “complete” winger.

El Ghazi is good at crossing too.

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

McNeil is a potentially good player, United see him as an academy loss. He is similar to Ashley Young when at Watford and he destroyed us at Burnley this season 

Price might be too much though. 25 million is a good price but Burnley will want more

I think they'll want double that yeah.

No doubt he's a good player for me. I think he'd be brilliant for us and bring some consistency to our wide positions.

If we want him and Buendia the deals need to be done at the same time to stop them both spiralling upwards.

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think they'll want double that yeah.

No doubt he's a good player for me. I think he'd be brilliant for us and bring some consistency to our wide positions.

If we want him and Buendia the deals need to be done at the same time to stop them both spiralling upwards.

I’d like him as well. He’s hard working, young, rarely injured, British etc. He fits the bill completely. 

I think he’d play on the right for us and he’ll be way more consistent than Traore. We just won’t have those tidbits of magic every now and again. He’ll also sure us up defensively.

Get it done. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Hope there's nothing in this. McNeil won't take us to the next level. Won't improve our starting eleven. Would be more of a quantity signing this one.

You said exactly the same about traore...

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Perfect FM newgen. 

I’m surprised people aren’t that keen on McNeil as a player (if we ignore any price speculation). He’s exactly the kind of wide player that we don’t have - good at crossing. Watkins’ movement in the box is actually very good but Traore/El Ghazi/Trezeguet don’t have consistent quality to find him and Grealish often holds on to the ball for longer meaning the movement is made redundant. McNeil (from what I’ve seen) is much more adept at getting the ball in quickly and with quality. 

He also has a decent shot on him AND is still very young - loads of room for improvement. Whilst our wide players have moments of brilliance, McNeil is far closer to being a “complete” winger.

Is he pacy and direct? Does he hug the chalk, i.e. not a cut inside winger? If so I'm all for this.

Sign him up.

On 28/05/2021 at 14:47, MrBlack said:

A lot of what he is being criticised for is down to how Burnley played and where Burnley played him. 

The raw ability is there to beat a man and get a decent ball in.  Something we have really struggled to do for Watkins, short of through balls from Jack.

If he can be got for £20m or less, this would be a good signing. Any more and it's becoming a bit too much of a gamble for me given his need to transition to how we play. 

Yeah but that’s the problem, they will probably be asking for at least double that and it’s simply wouldn’t be worth it. 20m would be ok and another decent option for the squad.

But, we need top quality introduced into that first 11 to almost immediately elevate us (like last summer’s signings) and make us more creative and potent. 
There are many better ways to spend that kind of money…

Again, I think & hope he may be lower down on a list of priority targets… 

Â