Dwight McNeil

tomav84

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

My Burnley supporting mate says he's good - so I'll trust that. 

what do the other 15-20,000 think?

37 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I mean, the majority of our signings are either players undervalued at their old clubs or came from outside the top 5 leagues. If that's not mainly looking for bargains, then I don't know what is. 

You can look at it that way, but they still appear to cost between £15-30m. I would not personal class that as using the scouting network to unearth gems. Finding value is what every club should be doing, but it wouldn’t come as a shock to me to see us sign a player or two this summer who are more of the “we want him so we’re going to pay what it takes” mould.

Essentially, I don’t think it’s set in stone. McNeill is 21 and we could conceivably still consider him undervalued because of the team he plays for. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

83 potential on FIFA 21

Sign him up

Reveal hidden contents

:trollface:

His Rating is 77....Potential is what it is Potential....sure at 21, he has talent growth in him, but that is just speculation.

Our own players have:

El Ghazi is 75

Trez Is 76

Traore is 77

Rashica Is 80 another target.

I am not sure if anything can be gleaned from that?.....but maybe no better than we already have, if that is anything to go by.

Edited by TRO

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

His Rating is 77....Potential is what it is Potential....sure at 21, he has talent growth in him, but that is just speculation.

Our own players have:

El Ghazi is 75

Trez Is 76

Traore is 77

Rashica Is 80 another target.

I am not sure if anything can be gleaned from that?.....but maybe no better than we already have, if that is anything to go by.

I think this fails to do him justice. He’s 21. At his age Grealish was a bit-part player in our relegation season.

Personally I’d rather Pereira or Buendia than McNeil but what I will say is at some point someone will sign this kid (Spurs or Everton etc if it’s not us) and he will go on to play for England. He’s already better than the likes of Trez but I think he will go on to be very, very good indeed. If we dropped £40m on him I think in three years we would be saying it was an astute signing. And I’m not even saying “oh my god let’s sign him” - just that based on the times I have watched him he’s clearly going to have a very good career at a good top-half PL club.

• Like 1

I just can’t see this happening. He is young and on a long contract. It would take a big fee to prise him away from that. He would just end up being too expensive. We are after a bit of value.

• Like 1

If Burnley have to sell I’d imagine Dyche would rather lose McNeil than one of Mee, Tarkowski, Wood or Pope. Charlie Taylor can always hoof it up field from the full back position so they won’t really need McNeil anyway.

• Haha 1

Yeah I can't see Burnley accepting an offer unless it's way above his market value (which is totally fair enough). But I also don't see us putting in an offer that is way above his market value when there's so many opportunities abroad given how clubs have been impacted by COVID. 

I am unsure on his potential, but I do think we need to be looking around the Fifa 21 80+ mark for new recruits.

Edited by TRO

28 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If Burnley have to sell I’d imagine Dyche would rather lose McNeil than one of Mee, Tarkowski, Wood or Pope. Charlie Taylor can always hoof it up field from the full back position so they won’t really need McNeil anyway.

Dyche might be Palace manager by then 

• Like 1

Â