Dwight McNeil

tomav84

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just going off of what has been said. It's difficult enough to get good value from even Championship clubs these days. I'd imagine trying to take any Premier League teams top players to he doubly as difficult and expensive.

Personally, I think much better value can be had as well.

I have never heard anyone from the club say they will largely be looking for bargains via the scouting setup. Nothing they have done in the transfer market suggests this is the narrative either. 

McNeil is an interesting one really, no doubt got talent and still very young. 

He’s shown what he can do in a very defensive set up under Dyche at Burnley.

Maybe our scouts think he would perform even better in a more attack minded team? 

For me, this is about the fee. We could easily over pay for him. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Dude has some quick feet. Lovely control even when the ball is seemingly outside of his sphere of influence, which is great for a quick counter punch team like us. 

I'm aware that it's a youtube highlight reel, but if that is the player we would get week in and week out, i'm very much on board. Looks like he operates in the centre quite a bit. maybe we could get some cross over between him and Jack.   

• Like 1

Admittedly I don't watch many Burnley games and when I do it's against top teams where they are pretty much trying to survive. But can honestly say I don't remember noticing him much if at all.

I recognize the name of course and it might be the way they play that is why I don't notice him much. He's supposedly good with the cross, left footed and plays on the left for them?

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I have never heard anyone from the club say they will largely be looking for bargains via the scouting setup. Nothing they have done in the transfer market suggests this is the narrative either. 

I mean, the majority of our signings are either players undervalued at their old clubs or came from outside the top 5 leagues. If that's not mainly looking for bargains, then I don't know what is. 

I would jizz my pants if we signed McNeil - really, really rate him ever since he tore us up last season at Villa Park.

Anybody who impresses in Dyche's system has to be good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Seems to me like we're really pushing the academy to be our source of 'bargains' vs. taking a punt on someone from Ligue 2 (Kante, Mahrez) for example.

• Like 1

As we are ascending season on season....players with consistency will be the requirement, to push on.

The odd you tube compilation, can be misleading.....I have no idea, if Dwight is Consistent, but if he is anything like his namesake, he will be ok.

Most players we will be looking at, will have undoubted talent, you only have to look at Traore, who can have moments of pure magic, but consistency is what eludes him....He can score worldies and skin a rabbit, with his sublime skills....but can he do it on a regular basis?

I have no idea, who we will end up with, I just hope they are not Hit and Miss.....More like Emi and Ollie and I will be pleased, their consistency is what we want.

Edited by TRO

Â