Dwight McNeil

tomav84

Am I allowed to think players like Cash and Targett weren’t given enough credit when linked to them alongside many other players, and also not think McNeil is good enough for us?

Or do I only like players with a foreign suffix too?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This doesn't suit the " scouting " and " value " narrative.

Burnley also have new owners, and as you say, everything fits the profile but we would be fleeced.

Would have a better chance at any sort of good deal if they were relegated maybe.

The made up narrative? 

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Am I allowed to think players like Cash and Targett weren’t given enough credit when linked to them alongside many other players, and also not think McNeil is good enough for us?
No

Or do I only like players with a foreign suffix too?
Yes

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

He’s only 21 though, room to improve and not the finished article.

JPB is younger and has way more potential from what I've seen. We need an immediate impact player.

I think he would be a very astute signing to be honest. Seems to have been around for ages yet only 21. Would look much better in a claret and blue side that tries to play football rather than the "direct" style he's currently involved in.

2 years younger than David Brooks which surprised me, he's the one I'd really like us to sign (I think he has a bit more to his game than McNeil) but I wouldn't turn my nose up at him or Pereira or Rashica though.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

ye, i would 100% take McNeil.

However, i would also 100% take Buendia!

Ideally......we could have McNeil on the left, Buendia on the right and Grealish at no.10 😍

I would imagine it would be the reverse - McNeil is a left footer and Buendia is a right.

McNeil/Traore on the right and Jack and Buendia swapping on the left.

11 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

JPB is younger and has way more potential from what I've seen. We need an immediate impact player.

I disagree. I certainly hope he makes it, but at 19 playing in the U23s he never stood out to me. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The made up narrative? 

Just going off of what has been said. It's difficult enough to get good value from even Championship clubs these days. I'd imagine trying to take any Premier League teams top players to he doubly as difficult and expensive.

Personally, I think much better value can be had as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

A lot of what he is being criticised for is down to how Burnley played and where Burnley played him. 

The raw ability is there to beat a man and get a decent ball in.  Something we have really struggled to do for Watkins, short of through balls from Jack.

If he can be got for £20m or less, this would be a good signing. Any more and it's becoming a bit too much of a gamble for me given his need to transition to how we play. 

Edited by MrBlack

Top player, so it's a big "yes" from me. He won't be cheap, but you do have to pay for quality. 21 years old and 96 PL appearances already. If he does anywhere near as well, as the last winger we signed from Burnley (below) we will all be over the moon. 

image.jpeg.c4d56b2efad7676ccd5c5e1bdaf4b5db.jpeg

• Like 1

I must admit I’ve seen very little of him. I try to actively avoid watching Burnley if I can. Gives you eye cancer. 

What type is he? Quick, good crosser or inside forward?

Would be very pleased with this one and think he would fit with the general ethos of our transfer policy.

Hard working and would bring an industry that is perhaps lacking in our other wide players (aside from Trez, but obviously he's out for a while and I suspect would've been moved on this summer had he not got injured) 

30 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

A lot of what he is being criticised for is down to how Burnley played and where Burnley played him. 

The raw ability is there to beat a man and get a decent ball in.  Something we have really struggled to do for Watkins, short of through balls from Jack.

If he can be got for £20m or less, this would be a good signing. Any more and it's becoming a bit too much of a gamble for me given his need to transition to how we play. 

It's not 2011 anymore. There's no chance they will sell him for that, it'll be more like 30m.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I must admit I’ve seen very little of him. I try to actively avoid watching Burnley if I can. Gives you eye cancer. 

What type is he? Quick, good crosser or inside forward?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â