Dwight McNeil

tomav84

47 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

When Buendia was McNeil’s age he had 6 goals and 13 assists in LaLiga 2. 2 years before that he scored a singular goal in LaLiga in 17 matches. By 19 McNeil already had 3 goals and 5 assists in the prem.

McNeil also has the same number of score involvements as Buendia when Norwich was in the Prem and has done it over 3 years in an equally non-attacking team. Prem wise they’re on par, but McNeil is younger and has done it for longer...

Different ways of looking at it, it’s not as straightforward as it may seem. 

From my POV Buendia is highly talented and could become a genuine star, a far superior player.

Regardless, I could never see McNeil performing as well and producing the amount of goals and assists as Buendia has in recent years (particularly in the Championship), he is a creative monster.

Anyway, you’re entitled to rate McNeil. I won’t be changing my mind 🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Been a fair while for me too 😆

I wouldn’t trust the ratings there, don’t think our existing players are rated accordingly.

As is often the case with the media, all the focus and attention revolves around the “elite teams” more than anything.

you mean like our under 18's.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Pereira drops in and out of games too much for me. Keep in mind to, his 11G and 6A look good, but 4 of his goals were penalties. Without those he looks like a less mystical Traore

I think Messi would drop out of games in that WBA team though. Pereira would be really good for us - but to be clear I think Traore is also really good and think any of Buendia/Pereira/McNeil are in that bracket (not as good as the likes of Grealish, better than the likes of AEG and Trez).

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Jack will never experience the adulation, he gets at Villa.

Our owners have now changed the landscape of Aston Villa Football club, I would guess Jack has a fair old input in to what happens behind the scenes....He has earn't that status....He is a somebody, with us.

He wouldn't get that anywhere else.

He has been promised they will build a team around him....He has an exceptional youth team to come and support him eventually.....Trophies are not that huge distance away as they once was.

He will earn enough money to last him a lifetime......What is there to leave for?

Only the pundits /media bandwagons, living in the past, seem to know.

Wrong thread mate.

100% agree btw.

Edited by Jas10

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Different ways of looking at it, it’s not as straightforward as it may seem. 

From my POV Buendia is highly talented and could become a genuine star, a far superior player.

Regardless, I could never see McNeil performing as well and producing the amount of goals and assists as Buendia has in recent years (particularly in the Championship), he is a creative monster.

Anyway, you’re entitled to rate McNeil. I won’t be changing my mind 🤣

Is it a choice? Sorry, I haven't been following the thread to get the gist. Genuine question.

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Is it a choice? Sorry, I haven't been following the thread to get the gist. Genuine question.

Na was just responding to a comparison by the OP.

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Signing both Buendia and McNeil would be great business imo. 

Starting to think Buendia and Rashica is more likely, but you’re still right. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wrong thread 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Which is the exact reason I don’t think we’ll be in for him.  We already have a left footed tricky guy.  If anything, we need a right footed tricky guy.

edit: actually we do need backups

Edited by Thug

4 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

For the money Burnley would want i'm sure theirs better value abroad.

Buy him for £30 mill, sell him for £150 mill. It's possible....

(subject to being as good as grealish after some coaching) 

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Awol said:

Starting to think Buendia and Rashica is more likely, but you’re still right. 

My thinking is the same, it's either one of the other of the expensive local signings, and an " Option B " foreign signing IMO.

If we want both McNeil and Buendia there is no way we are spending less then 80 mill this summer IMO.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

My thinking is the same, it's either one of the other of the expensive local signings, and an " Option B " foreign signing IMO.

If we want both McNeil and Buendia there is no way we are spending less then 80 mill this summer IMO.

De Arrascaetaaaaaaaaaa!!

screaming the help GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I think Burnley will want too much money for him....he's one of their few assets.

I don't understand the big fascination  around this McNeil guy.

As you rightly state TRO, Burnley won't let him go cheap if someone goes in for him. I think there are better options out there to be had.

Â