Euro 2020 : Group F (France, Germany, Hungary, Portugal)

BOF

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Arguably the greatest player to walk planet earth not from Argentina 

FTFY

Part of my problem with Ronaldo is I consider him a goalscoring machine, he's crazy at scoring goals 

But I don't actually find him that enjoyable to watch if I'm honest, messi, Bergkamp, Henry, other Ronaldo and in particular Ronaldinho I'd put all of them ahead of him as players id pay money to watch 

He leaves me cold 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I have

Ronaldo

Maybe Pepe, probably another couple of Portuguese that I can't remember 

Horrible team 

Pepe and Ricardo Carvalho - ultimate shithouse CB pairing 

• Like 1

Ronaldo was playing with Rui Costa and Figo and co, and he's still going and is the star player with teammates that were born around the time he was playing at Euro 04. Shit, I'd be arrogant too if I were him. He's the **** man.

Got to feel for the Hungarians. They put up a fight and put Portugal under real pressure, and actually played a bit of football. 

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Ronaldo was playing with Rui Costa and Figo and co, and he's still going and is the star player with teammates that were born around the time he was playing at Euro 04. Shit, I'd be arrogant too if I were him. He's the **** man.

He's the man 😂

Humility goes a lot further.

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

FTFY

Part of my problem with Ronaldo is I consider him a goalscoring machine, he's crazy at scoring goals 

But I don't actually find him that enjoyable to watch if I'm honest, messi, Bergkamp, Henry, other Ronaldo and in particular Ronaldinho I'd put all of them ahead of him as players id pay money to watch 

He leaves me cold 

The real Ronaldo arguably had as much natural ability as Messi

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

FTFY

He leaves me cold 

Not my all time player, not even amongst my favs and non of those you've chosen are apart from Ronaldinho but he's in the discussion regardless of whether or not you like him. 

Personally I think he's better than Messi but not Maradona. Anyway that's another discussion. 

13 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Wasn’t the third goal very clearly offside? Not that it matters, not sure if I’m missing something or Var is. 

Didn't see a replay but they must have checked it surely? Guess it must have been OK.  I can't believe how ordinary Portugal's front 4 were but they will be there deep in the tournament. 

20 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He's the man 😂

Humility goes a lot further.

He's come a long way in that regard from when he was younger at United. Which is impressive because he's since become arguably the best player of all time which nobody foresaw back then.

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Prefer him to Messi.

Leaves room on way out.

But how? Just one of those things I can't fathom, how anyone can like him more or think he's a better footballer. 

Anyway off topic.  I'd forgotten just how incredible France's squad is. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

He's come a long way in that regard from when he was younger at United. Which is impressive because he's since become arguably the best player of all time which nobody foresaw back then.

I used to love him, I've just grown a bit tiresome of him. The fact that he still has this huge ego at age 36, I find it a bit cringeworthy now.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

But how? Just one of those things I can't fathom, how anyone can like him more or think he's a better footballer. 

He's not a better footballer but I did used to prefer watching CR to Messi, mainly down to his explosiveness.

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Ronaldo is a player that has got the absolute maximum of out his abilities. He has seemingly willed himself to his ridiculous career.

Messi is a true unique, a natural talent that might never been seen again. He is so good it is almost difficult to even understand it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I used to love him, I've just grown a bit tiresome of him. The fact that he still has this huge ego at age 36, I find it a bit cringeworthy now.

It's the opposite for me, he used to be so annoying, with nothing to back it up. 

Â