Jump to content

Euro 2020 : Group C (Austria, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Ukraine)


BOF
 Share

Recommended Posts

France probably clear favorites but If they don't win it then I think it could well be one of the lesser fancied teams. Wales have a chance, maybe Netherlands, or even England if Grealish plays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, a m ole said:

There are more teams in the Euros this time round, and they’re all teams who otherwise wouldn’t have been good enough to qualify.

was the same amount of teams in 2016

Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

was the same amount of teams in 2016

Still explains the apparent poorer teams than tournaments in the past. Not to mention it’s something someone says at every single tournament ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Still explains the apparent poorer teams than tournaments in the past. Not to mention it’s something someone says at every single tournament ever.

i dont think they are that bad, in 2016 Iceland beat England, Hungary drew with Portugal, Ireland beat Italy and Northern Ireland qualified for knockout rounds as well

even this tournament the worst teams coming in were probably Slovakia, North Macedonia, Wales, Finland, Hungary and Scotland, all except Scotland and Hungary have done well so far and Hungary got a shit group

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Zatman said:

i dont think they are that bad, in 2016 Iceland beat England, Hungary drew with Portugal, Ireland beat Italy and Northern Ireland qualified for knockout rounds as well

even this tournament the worst teams coming in were probably Slovakia, North Macedonia, Wales, Finland, Hungary and Scotland, all except Scotland and Hungary have done well so far and Hungary got a shit group

I agree, it’s fine. Only really Sweden have embarrassed themselves. Switzerland and Austria look toothless but it’s no different to other tournaments

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I agree, it’s fine. Only really Sweden have embarrassed themselves. Switzerland and Austria look toothless but it’s no different to other tournaments

I think the only embarrassing team so far has been Turkey, tipped by a lot of journalists as dark horses 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hate the 3rd place going through...would 4 groups of 6 not work better and just have top 2 going through to quarter finals.

Would actually only add one more game for each team to tournament so just start a few more days earlier.

Ideally just go back to 16 teams as that worked perfectly but that simply won't happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Hate the 3rd place going through...would 4 groups of 6 not work better and just have top 2 going through to quarter finals.

Would actually only add one more game for each team to tournament so just start a few more days earlier.

Ideally just go back to 16 teams as that worked perfectly but that simply won't happen.

potentially a lot of dead rubber games, the 3 going through makes a lot of groups still open going into the last game

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 17/06/2021 at 22:45, useless said:

France probably clear favorites but If they don't win it then I think it could well be one of the lesser fancied teams. Wales have a chance, maybe Netherlands, or even England if Grealish plays.

England have a better chance than Wales even if Grealish doesn’t play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

North Macedonia have been a great competitor, despite most likely losing all three games. A lot of heart and some great attacking play. They have been quite unlucky and if they had a better defence they'd have probably got a few points. 

Edited by VillaAlex
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â