Euro 2020 : Group C (Austria, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Ukraine)

BOF

GROUP C
AUT.png?imwidth=158Austria
NED.png?imwidth=158Netherlands
MKD.png?imwidth=158North Macedonia
UKR.png?imwidth=158Ukraine

13/06 @ 17:00 - Austria v North Macedonia     (Bucharest)
13/06 @ 20:00 - Netherlands v Ukraine         (Amsterdam)

17/06 @ 14:00 - Ukraine v North Macedonia     (Bucharest)
17/06 @ 20:00 - Netherlands v Austria         (Amsterdam)

21/06 @ 17:00 - Ukraine v Austria             (Bucharest)
21/06 @ 17:00 - North Macedonia v Netherlands (Amsterdam)

Ukraine my outsider for this. Not to win it but have Iceland or Wales run and Shevchenko has impressive results as manager. Took 4 points off Portugal in the euros group and got 1-1 draw away to France in March in world cup qualifiers.

Very good group for them to get through and get confidence boosting result off Holland aswell.

Dutch a year ago were looking alright but Van Dijk injury and De Boer as manager has ended that. Will get through but that type of team who'll lose to first good side they play in knock outs.

• 2 weeks later...

On football matters if any team could jump from the pack and do a Greece then Ukraine might be the closest candidate. Shevchenko has them well organised and difficeto beat, wont be fun to watch

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ukrainian friend who is on the fence about the politics there said its taken a bit out of context. 

Good . . . still find it a bit concerning though. I have a soft spot for Ukraine, lived there for a while, but they are not necessarily great - to put it mildly - about the unsavoury aspects of their past. I hope it doesn't have the reference it appears to, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did to be honest.

On the other hand they have also done this

T

T

The head of the Ukrainian football association has caused outrage in Russia by unveiling a new national team shirt emblazoned with a map of Ukraine that includes Crimea.

Russia annexed Crimea from Ukraine in 2014 and Moscow considers the peninsula part of Russia, but it is internationally recognised as part of Ukraine.

Ukraine’s new kit was revealed on Sunday, days before the European Championship kicks off, on the Facebook page of the head of the Football Association of Ukraine, Andriy Pavelko...

Ukraine v Russia in a knockout would be, er interesting.

• Like 1

Uefa now ordered the slogan be removed but they're fine with the map.

Probably the right decision. 

On a barely related note I hope Ukraine do well. They have a half decent team and Shevchenko is/was a baller that got turned into a joke over here.

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

This is the most interesting group to me, couldn't call it.

Wouldn’t be sueprised if Dutch go out or struggle into the next round. With a terrible manager and 3 tricky opponents this could be an upset

On 06/06/2021 at 23:03, HanoiVillan said:

😬

I'm Polish, and this genocide is a big part of our history. But to say Poland was 'peaceful' in the area or that the Poles didn't retaliate is an interesting bit of historical revisionism. 

Either way, looking at it from a comfy seat of 21st century hindsight, UPA does not seem like a healthy movement to build a national identity on. 

Got Croatia in the office sweep.

Reminds me of when I was in basic training back in 96 (when Croatia were a pretty new international team so therefore not very good) and England played them in a friendly prior to Euro 96.

Me and a mate thought it would be amusing to make our own Croatian kits and support them (complete with fluent Croat chanting!)… man, it pissed off so many ‘Engerland fans’ in the bar with our ‘patriotism’ questioned  😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Â