Euro 2020 : Group A (Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales)

BOF

Just now, villa4europe said:

Harry Kane gets that pen 😂

I really like this ref 

Bruno too, commentators would be praising the clever play for bringing the legs together and then collapsing.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Harry Kane gets that pen 😂

I really like this ref 

I think European refs are miles better than English. Maybe not overall in terms of quality in numbers but individually I'm always impressed by the high profile ones.

• Like 2

Got that handball right too, body shape and arm position was completely natural 

Should have booked the Turkish striker for diving but other than that great half from the ref, 5 fouls all game, letting it flow and is fair for both teams 

• Like 1

By the standards of the Premier League that handball shout would probably have been a pen. As was the earlier shout when the Italian player came together with the Turkish player just inside the penalty area.

If those aren't being given, we may find it quite hard in our games if we are expecting to try and win our games by penalties like in the last world cup!

1 minute ago, sne said:

So according the the Swedish commentators the Ref was alerted by VAR but chose not to watch for a handball. Is that how it works in this tournament?

Yes, VAR ref signals down "you might want to take another look at that" the ref can then say yes or no but its his decision 

How it should be

Like I said in the VAR thread it's PGMOL that are **** it up not VAR, what just happened is how I remember the world cup being 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Yes, VAR ref signals down "you might want to take another look at that" the ref can then say yes or no but its his decision 

How it should be

Like I said in the VAR thread it's PGMOL that are **** it up not VAR, what just happened is how I remember the world cup being 

Yeah that is better than the tripe they do in the PL. Still think the ref should have checked that last handball thou.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

So according the the Swedish commentators the Ref was alerted by VAR but chose not to watch for a handball. Is that how it works in this tournament?

Hope so. Seems more right. Ref just; shut up VAR room I saw it or if unsure I go check it out.

3 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Hope so. Seems more right. Ref just; shut up VAR room I saw it or if unsure I go check it out.

Yep, if he thinks he saw it perfectly 1st time at real speed and then doesn't want 6 angles slowed down confusing him and putting it in to a grey area then just stick with the original decision 

The main thing is that he already knows if he saw it and what he saw and how he's already interpreted it 

VAR is for stuff he didn't see or didn't see properly 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

I love watching this. Italy’s pressing is fun to watch, and VAR is being used right. I think the handball shout had remit, but not obvious enough to make a big deal out of. 

• Like 1

Â