Jump to content

Euro 2020 : Group A (Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales)


BOF
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mancini is the best coach in the tournament 

Not quite sure Mancini has enough to get winners out of this but they'll go close.

Now imagine Conte with this squad.....

Lightyears head of the squad he had in 2016 and he got them to within one penalty kick of making the SG. Also better than what they had in 2012 when they made the final under Prandelli.

Building up some momentum now.

Edited by VillaChris
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Swiss do this every time in qualifying with ease and then doing nothing at the tournament. A poor man's England.

Italy look impressive but bear in mind the Swiss and the Turks have been rubbish thus far.

Will Mancini send a reserve team to play Wales in Baku to rest key players but could risk not topping the group?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not quite sure Mancini has enough to get winners out of this but they'll go close.

Now imagine Conte with this squad.....

Lightyears head of the squad he had in 2016 and he got them to within one penalty kick of making the SG. Also better than what they had in 2012 when they made the final under Prandelli.

Building up some momentum now.

Mancini did good job at Fiorentina and great one at Lazio and won titles at Inter and City

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


There always seems to be a team like Italy that starts well and everyone raves about but then when they face a decent side they get beat. Best two teams so far have been France and Germany, Germany looked a little off but still could have got something from the game last night and look like a side that will get better as the tournament goes on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, useless said:

There always seems to be a team like Italy that starts well and everyone raves about but then when they face a decent side they get beat. Best two teams so far have been France and Germany, Germany looked a little off but still could have got something from the game last night and look like a side that will get better as the tournament goes on.

Don't get me wrong gnabry should have scored but for as good as Germany looked on the ball they didn't create enough 

I don't know if they've got that many goals in them 

They could be looking at having to put 3+ past Hungary too to get out out of the group 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, useless said:

There always seems to be a team like Italy that starts well and everyone raves about but then when they face a decent side they get beat. Best two teams so far have been France and Germany, Germany looked a little off but still could have got something from the game last night and look like a side that will get better as the tournament goes on.

Thats why I dont get carried away by teams doing well in group games. Its about peaking at the right time like Djokovic in tennis rand slams

Edited by PaulC
Link to comment
Share on other sites


The two Italian performances were what the pundits seemed to describe England as having.

Did you notice any difference? I think I spotted a few.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Visiting Supporter
34 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mancini did good job at Fiorentina and great one at Lazio and won titles at Inter and City

His Inter achievements shouldn't be taken that seriously. They were essentially handed Italian dominance for a few years and he happened to be at the helm at the time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

His Inter achievements shouldn't be taken that seriously. They were essentially handed Italian dominance for a few years and he happened to be at the helm at the time

I'm not sure his City ones should either 1 league title and 1 FA Cup in 4 seasons, that's not something to brag about 

The statement that he's the best manager at the euros though...its not a tough crowd, its him or deschamps and mancini has the better club CV 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm not sure his City ones should either 1 league title and 1 FA Cup in 4 seasons, that's not something to brag about 

The statement that he's the best manager at the euros though...its not a tough crowd, its him or deschamps and mancini has the better club CV 

City wasn't that impressive but beat Ferguson though and City werent that great when he arrived. Think he brought Silva and Toure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure why the Swiss fans are so despondent, beat the turks, which they should do and 4 points should get them through to the next round, their fans look like they've just been knocked out 

I would be pretty despondent if I had paid a lot of money to witness that half-assed, lackadaisical, stroll at around at half pace display. Nobody would ever expect them to actually beat Italy, but I think you'd feel entitled to see them give it a try, rather than just rolling over and having their tummies tickled.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


57 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Being a good club manager doesn't mean you're a good international manager. Joachim Löw would have to be in the mix as best manager in the Euros. 

Why? He won one tournament out of 8 I think 

Edited by Zatman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I would be pretty despondent if I had paid a lot of money to witness that half-assed, lackadaisical, stroll at around at half pace display. Nobody would ever expect them to actually beat Italy, but I think you'd feel entitled to see them give it a try, rather than just rolling over and having their tummies tickled.

Yep they barely laid a glove on them. Shaqiri the star player makes Gabby at the end look like athletic 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â