Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

1 minute ago, sne said:

Well that was a bit disappointing looking from the outside. Game was as expected but I was hoping for either a better performance so we'd get some of that famous hubris or a defeat and a total meltdown from fans and media.

This will create neither of that.

Gotta love the English pashun ;)

• Like 1

Well i’m going to try and be balanced here and say that it was clearly a below par performance, but we have room to improve and the players to improve. France looked rubbish in their first world cup game in 2018, but grew exponentially through the tournament.

We were lucky to win imo, but on a positive note, we hardly ever win our first game, and if we can secure qualification next game we can focus on performance.

1 minute ago, Denaldinho said:

Boring game but GS got it spot on - I think Mings showed critics he belongs at this level.

True but hes up against better players in the Premier League every week. So he did well but bigger tests to come. 

• Like 1

Good result against the World Cup finalists. First opening game win in the Euro Championships. Well done Southgate. 
Jack didn’t play, so what we got the result we needed, that’s all that matters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

We won. Grealish as yet is still to establish himself. I think he will, but Foden was class.

If he isn't given any time v Scotland or Czech Republic I'll be very surprised.

If this was after a Villa match, the same posters would have been saying the same thing you have just said, in response to posters daring to question anything.

It would also have been added that " Subs don't guarantee results or that the game would have been different, we've just won a match, and people are moaning that we didn't win it well enough, the fact that we've won means the manager got it right " lol

So forgive me for finding some of this hilarious.

Jack/England gate sends Villa fans mental.

I'm sure he will get minutes.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Stuart Pearce giving Sterling MOTM. Farce.

Phillips and Mings were class today.

Usual, goalscorer MOTM

Dave who watches football every 2 years when England are in a tournament nods along in agreement 

Phillips or a defender not named Kyle walker all day 

Really chuffed for Mings who was excellent. Dirty about Jack not getting on, and unless he was specfically rested tonight because of his shins, I can't really see how he plays more than 20 minute bursts here and there.

All the discussion about the wealth of attacking talent in this side and we manage 2 shots on target against a poor Croatian side, and the one that went in was hit straight at the keeper.

Â