Jump to content

Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)


BOF
 Share

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

It's gonna be Ramsdale, Greenwood, Lingard, and the 2x Bens left out.
Mings and Coady go as they are leaders and have some experience, and with Maguire an injury doubt, there is no-one else in the backline to bollock anyone.

Probably a RB, so Alexander-Arnold? Wouldn't have a problem with this, not least because the other 3 are the RB for the title winner (and his teams best player in the CL final); the RB for the Champions League winner (and his teams 2nd best player on the night) and the RB for the winner of La Liga.

And probably Ollie, I'm afraid.
Really think he should go as he offers so much, but reckon he'll take Saka for versatility, Rashford because he fed some kids, and all the other midfielders, because of injury doubts around Jack, Henderson and Phillips. 

Personally, I'd leave out Henderson, if Phillips is fit. He's not played in months, and taking such players never works.

 

🤣👏

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Daily Mail reporting that the 7 to miss out are...

Alexander-Arnold, Godfrey, Greenwood, Lingard, Ramsdale, Ward-Prowse, and White. 

(I haven't put a link, because you are better than that; but it sounds about right).

If this is correct, then personally I feel that Ward-Prowse is the unlucky one there, and is out because of injury issues around Henderson and Phillips. 
Obviously delighted for the Villa-3 if true. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Grealish and Mings were always going to make it, Watkins possibly because Greenwood has now pulled out.

Unfortunately i cant see any of them starting so it might come down to injuries before we see them on the pitch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Grealish and Mings were always going to make it, Watkins possibly because Greenwood has now pulled out.

Unfortunately i cant see any of them starting so it might come down to injuries before we see them on the pitch.

I'd be very surprised if Grealish didn't start. Mings and Watkins are definitely backups

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They way Harry Kane was waxing lyrical over Jack in his chat with Gary Neville, saying that the two are on the same wavelength from the first time they trained suggests Jack's a shoe-in and if Kane has any input could start as well. And this is what England need, especially as they go further in a tournament, ball careers that don't lose the ball easily and can win fouls further up the pitch. Issues at recent tournaments are that the likes of Sterling and Rashford rely on pace but not massive skill in the sense of holding onto the ball. Jack out of all the midfielders is the one who does that. Foden is great, and I like Mount but both dont have that natural ability of the ball sticking to them like glue that Jack has.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


19 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

I'd be very surprised if Grealish didn't start. Mings and Watkins are definitely backups

I'd be amazed if grealish started over sterling 

The good news might be that sterling played at the weekend, rashford got a minor injury in the EL final so grealish should start tomorrow night, big chance to impress 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
15 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

They way Harry Kane was waxing lyrical over Jack in his chat with Gary Neville

I know this is probably a stupid question, but what does this refer to? Was this on Sky or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ll be gutted if they drop Ward-Prowse, someone that good at set pieces is worth his weight in gold.

If he plays with 3 CMs then unless Henderson has some sort of healing water I don't see how he can drop him, going in to a tournament with the 1st 3 of rice, Mount, phillips and then Henderson and Bellingham as back up would be mad

Unless of course he wants to play foden or grealish as a 10...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If he plays with 3 CMs then unless Henderson has some sort of healing water I don't see how he can drop him, going in to a tournament with the 1st 3 of rice, Mount, phillips and then Henderson and Bellingham as back up would be mad

Unless of course he wants to play foden or grealish as a 10...

Ben White played defensive midfield for Brighton a good bit this season 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Ben White played defensive midfield for Brighton a good bit this season 

Enough to drop a proper CM for him though? 

Ben White coming in as a midfielder or a utility player of JWP would be a bit mad, especially seeing as he's not been capped 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Enough to drop a proper CM for him though? 

Ben White coming in as a midfielder or a utility player of JWP would be a bit mad, especially seeing as he's not been capped 

This is Gareth Southgate 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Visiting Supporter
40 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’ll be gutted if they drop Ward-Prowse, someone that good at set pieces is worth his weight in gold.

If football becomes some bizarre NFL experience where he can come on purely to take free kicks I'm on board.

He's not got anything else that really sets him apart for me.

I hope we see White instead of Coady. Guys never going to make it at international level where as White could be starting in 2-3 years.

 

Greenwood's injury means we're going to see a Watkins call up surely?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • limpid featured this topic
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â