Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

Been ok, we had a good spell, Foden unlucky but not on the ball enough. Trippier looks lost on the left. Sterling has made some great runs but his technique has let him down. Phillips good. 

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

I stopped watching at 20 mins and apparently nothing has happened since?

Lol why? Hate Southgate that much?

Edit: I'm just bantering bit ;)

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

Decent first 15 slowed down a lot maybe due to the heat. Just need a flash of quality from Foden, Kane or Grealish (?!) in the second half.

Do you know that Croatia have the 11th highest average height in the world with the average male height 5ft 11.6 inches?

Your useless trivia stat of the day.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You looked very good to me for the first 15 minutes or so to be fair.

Then went flat.

Sterlings shot summed up the rest of the half. lol

It’s not been terrible, I’ll give them that. I thought we’d get overrun by Croatia so it’s pleasing that we’ve had the upper hand. 

Mings, Foden, Phillips all very good.

Rice, Mount and Kane anonymous 

Walker and Sterling garbage. 

it’s a solid 5/10 performance so far but Southgate will surely change that in the second half… 

Spoiler

To a 4/10 performance 😂

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Phillips was such a miss for us 

The one that got away. If the club could go back, they’d drop the extra 10m needed or whatever it was. I don’t think he’s amazing, but he’s levels above Luiz and Nakamba and I love a good British spine. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

I hope other fans' blind hatred of us and Mings doesn't overshadow just how good his ball playing distribution is to start attacking moves. No other England defender does it.

Mings is the man

• Like 1

Sterling has been good to be fair to him. Phillips our best player so far. Need to get Jack on the pitch. Need someone to spark us, been pretty dull since a good opening first 10 minutes.

Nice to see Mings playing well after being criticised by Rio Ferdinand pre-match for not having played in the Champions League so not understanding pressure… errr what?! Pretty sure the play off final and West Ham away game were bigger pressure than this! Fair play for the pundits highlighting him at HT though as I type.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

I hope other fans' blind hatred of us and Mings doesn't overshadow just how good his ball playing distribution is to start attacking moves. No other England defender does it.

Thats why he is in the team. Left footed. Natural leader compensates his occasional blips.

8 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I was watching an interview with Kane and Neville where Kane said he just decided that to improve his game he needed to drop deeper to get involved more. He saw Michael Jordan changed his game in that way. So he does it and no-one has ever told him not to.

Does he not realise the seasons MJ actually won the title he was less involved because he had a co-star in pippen. His mega scoring seasons led to him losing to the pistons or celtics. 

1 minute ago, chappy said:

Sterling has been good to be fair to him. Phillips our best player so far. Need to get Jack on the pitch. Need someone to spark us, been pretty dull since a good opening first 10 minutes.

Nice to see Mings playing well after being criticised by Rio Ferdinand pre-match for not having played in the Champions League so not understanding pressure… errr what?! Pretty sure the play off final and West Ham away game were bigger pressure than this! Fair play for the pundits highlighting him at HT though as I type.

Rio is embarassing. What a ridiculous statement.

Â