Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Southgate's excuse for playing Trippier is his experience....I'm sorry, Shaw and Chilwell have what.  Trippier has 28 England games, Chilwell 14 and Shaw 10.  Plus they all have similar top team experience, it's literally fine line between experience and top level experience yet chooses a right back to play left back.  Jeez!!!

It’s crazy, Chilwell’s ‘lack of experience’ didn’t bother Tuchel when he won the CL.  If experience is that important, why don’t we bring Stuart **** Pearce back in! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

The pundits clearly can’t believe Jack isn’t starting. 

They still refuse to criticise Southgate. People talk about Bruce having mates in the media, nothing like Southgate.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Southgate's excuse for playing Trippier is his experience....I'm sorry, Shaw and Chilwell have what.  Trippier has 28 England games, Chilwell 14 and Shaw 10.  Plus they all have similar top team experience, it's literally fine line between experience and top level experience yet chooses a right back to play left back.  Jeez!!!

Well that clears that up then. 

I hope Shaw and Chilwell learn a lot from the experience. 

• Like 1

Was in park having a kick a about with the lad, Mrs shouted the line up to me, I kicked the ball so hard I nearly broke me foot. 

Yes I know there's multiple games, yes I.know we have a squad. Playing someone at left back ahead of natural left backs and not starting the motm is his 3 previous starts is astronomical madness. 

I never want England to lose..... but.....

From another fan forum:

A poster mentioned Grealish has no vision....THIS is why England never do well. Statistically speaking the most creative player, yet gets dropped for England's biggest game in the group. Outside of the statistical realm, Grealish is potentially England's talisman, you can talk about Foden all you wants, but he can't do what Grealish can do. The other day mourinho was talking about how Grealish reminded him of Figo. The confidence, the balance, the agility and the will to consistently take the ball. England finally have that player and have decided not to use him. For what?? Is it because he plays for Villa? So shortsighted and myopic. For me, it's almost disgusting. Does anyone expect him to take Villa to a UCL final? People will be mad about Chilwell, Shaw and Sancho; but this is by far the most disgusting decision. It's not like he wasn't the best player in the friendly games. How good does someone have to be to prove they belong in the first Xi. The truth is, Grealish would start for any other national team, both in Europe and the world. Yet in England, "he doesn't have experience at the top top level". Absolute bs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Come on did anyone expect he would start Jack when it really mattered? The pre tournament games were a utter waste of time with all of the Chelsea and City players rested.

Grealish will be the 2020's England answer to Glenn Hoddle. Other countries would build teams around the player but we are always a bit suspcious of flair players and don't know what to do with them. Hopefully Jack won't find God and go a bit weird.

What I really don't understand is chucking Tripper in at left back without any preparation. Shaw must be stunned.

4 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

From another fan forum:

A poster mentioned Grealish has no vision....THIS is why England never do well. Statistically speaking the most creative player, yet gets dropped for England's biggest game in the group. Outside of the statistical realm, Grealish is potentially England's talisman, you can talk about Foden all you wants, but he can't do what Grealish can do. The other day mourinho was talking about how Grealish reminded him of Figo. The confidence, the balance, the agility and the will to consistently take the ball. England finally have that player and have decided not to use him. For what?? Is it because he plays for Villa? So shortsighted and myopic. For me, it's almost disgusting. Does anyone expect him to take Villa to a UCL final? People will be mad about Chilwell, Shaw and Sancho; but this is by far the most disgusting decision. It's not like he wasn't the best player in the friendly games. How good does someone have to be to prove they belong in the first Xi. The truth is, Grealish would start for any other national team, both in Europe and the world. Yet in England, "he doesn't have experience at the top top level". Absolute bs.

This all day long. What other manager would leave him out, Mourinho wouldn't and I know which manage I'd rather trust!!!

Edited by foreveryoung

Â