Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

You should... 

If we win the group we get 2nd place from the group with France, Portugal and Germany 

Safe to say I disagree... Southgate is an absolute chancer, his brand of football is terrible and he has a great set of players, the world cup when the dust settled was kick and rush with great set pieces, great weather and lots of beer... He got lucky, if we go far in this tournament it will be in spite of him not because of him 

He's a bit like Bruce, his teams play dullard football but then will pull out a performance when needed. For example, in the Nations League semi-final England absolutely battered Croatia.

2 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Don't think he gets into the team now. Foden is a once in a generation talent that has to start.

Mount will have that position in the middle and somebody direct like Sancho is important.

And that's before the fact he's coming off a big injury too.

Foden isn't though is he? I mean he's been riding high in an unbelievable Man city team but hardly setting scoring/assist records. I mean he looks brilliant but the jury is still out whether he's a world beater

2 hours ago, Rino8 said:

I'd hope he's above Sterling, for me Sterling would be on the edges of a call up he's been that poor this season. Any reference to his numbers being good need to come with a * that they've been done at City. Nathan Redmond would put up decent numbers in that team.

Foden's numbers also in question too then.

Seen Foden go missing in lots of games. Yet Jack always does something/makes something happpen if your looking for that magic its Jack who's gonna do it. 

Thats the real generational talent right there, Bout time you took of them bitter bitter Leeds glasses.

• Confused 1

The problem there is using numbers rather than just watching him play... 

Like I said foden is probably the best youngster at this tournament, might be too early for him but he will have 2004 rooney-esque expectations on him, he's a brilliant player

Don't get dragged in to another round of grealish vs someone - both should play, so should mount - if we had a manager with the bollocks to do it then all would 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Like I said foden is probably the best youngster at this tournament, might be too early for him but he will have 2004 rooney-esque expectations on him, he's a brilliant player

Don't get dragged in to another round of grealish vs someone - both should play, so should mount - if we had a manager with the bollocks to do it then all would 

Paris Saint-Germain: Top-Star Kylian Mbappé "bleibt zu 100 Prozent"

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

For me Sterling wouldnt go, he has 2 goals in 4 months and started 1 of City Champions League games since Christmas. Is clearly dropped down the pecking order

On Grealish/Foden/Mount they can play together but not with this manager, also I think Foden might be a better impact sub as playing for England is not the same quality as playing for City

Agreed with Sterling but his call up is inevitable and I'm still worried he'll start.

I think any manager not starting Foden should have their position questioned.  Especially if he's benched over Sterling. Less so if Grealish were to start and have a blinder of a tournament but his fitness still isn't there and he's barely been picked for previous squads either.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Seen Foden go missing in lots of games. Yet Jack always does something/makes something happpen if your looking for that magic its Jack who's gonna do it. 

Thats the real generational talent right there, Bout time you took of them bitter bitter Leeds glasses.

Mate, relax. Nobody's going after your boy 

4 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Don't think he gets into the team now. Foden is a once in a generation talent that has to start.

Mount will have that position in the middle and somebody direct like Sancho is important.

And that's before the fact he's coming off a big injury too.

Foden is a great talent but so is Grealish

4 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Foden is a once in a generation talent that has to start.

I know this is a Villa forum and claret & blue specs etc etc but even trying to be as objective as possible, I don't see that Foden is as useful to a team as Grealish.

Foden is great. He's probably better individually than Grealish at shooting in the box but he can't:

* Force the other team to put 3 players on him

* Dance around people with ease, drawing fouls

* Sprint up the pitch on a break, taking it past various players in the process

Foden is a superb player in a superb team. Once in a generation? Hmm, not sure. That's Grealish.

But I know others don't see it that way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yes he has so much attacking talent at his disposal its unbelievable. 

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I know this is a Villa forum and claret & blue specs etc etc but even trying to be as objective as possible, I don't see that Foden is as useful to a team as Grealish.

Foden is great. He's probably better individually than Grealish at shooting in the box but he can't:

* Force the other team to put 3 players on him

* Dance around people with ease, drawing fouls

* Sprint up the pitch on a break, taking it past various players in the process

Foden is a superb player in a superb team. Once in a generation? Hmm, not sure. That's Grealish.

But I know others don't see it that way.

Yes Foden level has raised s=with the champions league performances but I never seen him perform for England like Grealish did earlier in the season.  Players like saka and Calvert-lewin said hes the best they have played with 

————-———Henderson—————

Walker—-Stones—McGuire—-Chilwell

————————Rice——————-——

——————————-Mount—————-

Sancho————Foden—————Grealish

————————-Kane————————

The three behind Kane interchangeable 

or

————————-Henderson——————-——

———Stones——McGuire—-Mings————

TAA————————————————-Chilwell

————————Rice——Mount—————--

________Foden——————-Grealish—

—————————-—Kane————————-/

49 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

————-———Henderson—————

Walker—-Stones—McGuire—-Chilwell

————————Rice——————-——

——————————-Mount—————-

Sancho————Foden—————Grealish

————————-Kane————————

The three behind Kane interchangeable 

or

————————-Henderson——————-——

———Stones——McGuire—-Mings————

TAA————————————————-Chilwell

————————Rice——Mount—————--

________Foden——————-Grealish—

—————————-—Kane————————-/

Top one for me. 

On 25/05/2021 at 10:39, Zatman said:

It was a new thing from maybe 2 or 3 years ago that the government changed the name. Its wasnt a very popular move in Czech 😂

I lived in the Czech Republic 20+ years ago and it was a thing then, but this is the first time I’ve seen it officially like this for a football tournament or similar.

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Who do we have at the tournament? Grealish, Watkins, Mings if they make the cut, plus McGinn? 

Yep just the 4

Anwar didn't make the Dutch cut and after that we don't have many Europeans, we have sanson and engels, then it's south Americans and Africans 

• Thanks 1

On 27/05/2021 at 17:00, TheAuthority said:

Sorry but the facts just don't back up your assessment. Jack is far more of an attacking threat that Foden.

Assists
Jack Grealish — 10
Phil Foden — 5

Chances created per 90 minutes
Jack Grealish — 3.4
Phil Foden — 2.1

Successful dribbles per 90 minutes (success rate)
Jack Grealish — 2.8 (66%)
Phil Foden — 1.9 (50%)

Fouled per 90 minutes
Jack Grealish — 4.6
Phil Foden — 1.7

Thats after him missing 1/3 of the season.

But Foden is 21. Just. When Jack was his age he was making the odd appearance in our relegation season. 

Both are sensational players is the short answer though.

10 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

But Foden is 21. Just. When Jack was his age he was making the odd appearance in our relegation season. 

Neither of those things have any relevance to the point I was making or the original post I was responding to.

Â