Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

• 7 months later...

Aston Villa have ‘already knocked on the door’, and are in contact with Werder Bremen.

Now it’s believed a transfer would cost around €16m, and there’s a good chance Rashica now finds the Birmingham club more attractive

I know there is already a thread for this mods. Can they be merged? 

• Haha 2

Great to have a Rashica thread back up and running.

This transfer just has to happen, and early before this thread gets to over a 1,000 pages.  Someone has to make Lange aware of this priority to avoid a meltdown on VT again!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I know there is already a thread for this mods. Can they be merged? 

Please don't merge them. That thread is hall of fame material, but it's not going to be very easy to navigate if he does actually sign for us and we start talking about his performances!

• Haha 2

He would give us pace and add goals. I don’t believe the he didn’t want to come line. I think we were being messed about by WB. 

Buendia, Jack, Rocket Man and Ollie up top. Who would look forward to facing us next season? 

• Like 2

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

He would give us pace and add goals. I don’t believe the he didn’t want to come line. I think we were being messed about by WB. 

Buendia, Jack, Rocket Man and Ollie up top. Who would look forward to facing us next season? 

Exactly Dave.

I really think we have moved on. The improvement in AEG ,( from what little I know Rashica plays in his position )

It was only a dubious link last summer . 0 % chance of this happening imo.

• Like 1

Aston Villa 'in contact' about £14m Milot Rashica transfer (msn.com)

Aston Villa 'in contact' about £14m Milot Rashica transfer

Aston Villa could net a bargain transfer this summer.

Aston Villa could net a bargain transfer this summer.

According to reports in Italy, the relegation of German side Werder Bremen from the Bundesliga has opened the door for Milot Rashica 's departure from the club.

Bremen ended the 2020-21 campaign in 17th place after 34 games, condemning them to the drop and next season in the second tier.

Rashica was heavily linked with a move to Villa last summer and again in January and now Calciomercato, via Sport Witness, is claiming that Dean Smith's side have made contact with Bremen about the player.

Premier League rivals Leeds United and Southampton were also credited with an interest in the player while Italian side Napoli and AC Milan have also been linked with the Kosovo international.

Rashica saw a deadline-day move to Leverkusen fall through in January with the player remaining at Werder despite intense debate about his future at Werder.

Villa were in talks about a movefor Rashica in September but opted against signing the player and moved for Bertrand Traore at Olympique Lyon.

Smith will want to add to his Villa side this summer and it is being reported that Rashica could be available for around £13.8 million this summer with his contract up next year.

Bremen are expected to be in the market for selling players to mitigate for lost revenue from competing in the top tier and to continue to mitigate the financial impacts of the coronavirus pandemic.

Rashica managed three goals and five assists in 24 appearances for Bremen this season after battling back from knee and hamstring injuries.

Villa are expected to be in the market for attackers this summer and Rashica could be an inexpensive option to help deal with the long-term absence of Trezeguet, who is out for an extended period after knee surgery last month.

Smith was asked about his side's expected summer transfer business after the final-day defeat of Chelsea on Monday.

"I don't think it's going to be a massive summer for us," he said. "

"I feel that we've got a good group of players here and we just need a few additions to keep growing and to keep progressing.

"We fell away a bit when our most-creative player was out, it's adding to that to make sure that doesn't happen again."

image.png

• Like 2