Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Ithink I hit a nerve with you it seems all for saying Mcginn maybe better as a sub for next season.

It's the Pereira as a #6 instead of McGinn. No nerve hit just legit think you have no clue about football atter reading that. Sorry

52 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Arsenal offering 1m up front. 10m after 50 goals. 10m after 20 International appearances and 10m after winning the CL and Ballon D'or.

Tinpot club.

Was 10 million for winning the title and another 10 million for winning the Super League

Looks a great signing. If we can get him and Grealish working together we could really have something. There were flashes of this when Barkley was playing with Grealish earlier in the season.

He created the 4th most chances in his only season in the Premiership and Grealish was ahead of him. Watkins must be a very happy man right now! If he gets his shooting boots on and stays fit he could be looking at 20+ goals next season. 

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I was all about the Pereira signing as an alternative before Buendia happened. Someone pointed out he drifted in and out during the season. I actually had him in fantasy team for week 1 then sold early. Just don't think we're looking at him now after Buendia and I'd wager large amount of money Smith would laugh at the amount of disdain in here, for some of regular first XI last season. 

We don't know what were looking for do we Kiwi.

That part of the game of him drifting in and out, we should know by now that we have had a fair few players do it through the season. We also should know that a players experience somewhere doesn't always translate to his new club. Also note that he was at WBA lol, they had a wicked talent doing what Grealish was doing for us last season. So really think of poor Grealish doing the job of maybe four or five players, I understand how Pereira may be feeling and how difficult his job may of been this season. It's easy to be looked at isn't it then pulled down because the rest around you are not doing there duties. I get the feeling Pereira has lifted or tried to lift WBA out of the hole all season. It's also easy to become a missing player when your whole team is backed up in a game, Grealish again for us last season couldnt even work for large parts of the game or season because we couldn't get away from the hammering teams were placing on us for like 70 mins at a time in games. Players just go missing instantly if a team can't get out of the starting blocks.

Like I said I am not Smith or Lange so who know who will be the next signing, all I am saying is I'd like to see Pereira join usz now if he does get signed or not is a different thing entirely.l, we will just have to wait and see.

One thing I could always see with Pereira is how he managed to lift WBA and they looked at him much like our players do with Grealish. He seemed a different type of Grealish in terms of how he makes team members feels when they play next to him. I noticed how quick he was at turning and how quick he can get upto speed and at a quick notice change his direction. I've seen Pereira go through two and three players in quick succession, he also caused us much of an annoyance which this season wasn't easy to do. I think Pereira would have a part to play at Villa now whether the avilla chiefs do is another question.

So chuffed. Chuffed with his abilities coming to help our club improve, chuffed to have beaten Arsenal and made them "embarrassed", chuffed to have riled some of the saltier Norridge fans (petty I know but blimey there's some bad feeling towards us from some quarters there - I had no idea).

Also hoping it's a good signal to other players we may be after: we're serious, and we want you to come along for this exciting journey.

17 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I agree with you, I'm still just stunned that we are now lucky enough to have, quite literally, two of the top ten creative players in world football (in terms of raw stats) playing for Aston Villa. 

As Smith said mate, first season back up was survival, second was preparing and building and third and beyond is all about quality.

I am still shocked that were back and plans have successfully been successfully successful lol. I think others are shocked also still. It feels some folks around here don't get the idea of ambitious Owners and what that means for the club, it means money gets spent and things happen. I do understand it though, it's a fan base that's been used to so much bad happening at Villa.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Why not, he'd be an excellent sub to bring on.

Sure Traore is better than Ghazi but to have both of them as sub Wingers next season is an already much improved bench. We don't know what Smith is thinking yet. I do agree that Traore at times looks great but he had many games where he were flat. Yeah it were his first season and I'm not saying get rid, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have Buendia take a no 10 role and bring Pereira in to start on the right Wing all while Traore must fight for his place.

We was always going to come around to this where upgrades make this kind of situation happen. Just because someone had a decent first season doesn't mean you stop looking for better does it? If you see someone who can be of service like Pereira would on the right, if the money is there then you grab him.

To be honest in terms of keeper and defence, we do not need anyone. We need a new CDM for deffo. Are we even going to go for a striker given Wesley is back and Watkins is the man o steel. The way I see it is we buy a CDM, buy a Midfielder to play behind the no 10 and even then Pereira would be fantastic for that if he were to support either Grealish or Buendia if they play 10. Then a Right Winger.

See for me i had four total signings in mind a RW, CDM, Midfielder and CAM. With Buendia he could either be that CAM or RW and there's still another 3 signings I hope join us.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy. 

Pereira and Traore had the same amount of goals and assists in the PL if you take out Pereira’s 4 penalties. Pereira also had an extra 250 minutes game time.

Did you even watch any West Bron games? Pereira does not offer anything more than what Traore does defensively and he also has a tendency to go missing for long periods.

20 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It feels some folks around here don't get the idea of ambitious Owners and what that means for the club, it means money gets spent and things happen.

I'm absolutely delighted with every signing. Just don't think we're going to willy nilly sign every player that's linked or vaguely linked with us and I don't think Dean or management think some of our players need upgrading/relegating to the bench like you do. Teams don't succeed by overhauling a third or more of the team every season. Player's have better second seasons or bounce back after a mediocre one. Getting used to playing with each other is more important than anything. 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

It'll happen!

It much do,  but there is way more optimism about this signing than their was about Watkins.

Possibly due to the fact he does already have have PL experience, possibly due to the fact our club now have a very good track record from signing the best Championahip talent. Maybe a bit of both. 

But I do think he's going to get a fair bit of leeway, and I also don't think he's going to need it. Going to be great fun watching him, Grealish, and Watkins next season. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

TBH, I don't think it's so much that he hates Arsenal, more that he loves Villa (and he can see we're on an upward trajectory). 

And he’s only played for a 1/4 full VP so far… next season will be the happiest of his career. Can’t imagine how the Holte sounds when it’s delirious and you’re actually stood in front of it. 

A few of our boys are going to get a real shock. 

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It much do,  but there is way more optimism about this signing than their was about Watkins.

Possibly due to the fact he does already have have PL experience, possibly due to the fact our club now have a very good track record from signing the best Championahip talent. Maybe a bit of both. 

But I do think he's going to get a fair bit of leeway, and I also don't think he's going to need it. Going to be great fun watching him, Grealish, and Watkins next season. 

I reckon he'll hit the ground running and be an awsome signing for us!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Official site have confirmed it. Medical after Argentina’s game and then signing.

Should postpone the game and get it done now..... lacklustre !!

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

He’s inconsistent sure but his goals and assists stats this year have been ok. He’s certainly better than trez and el ghazi.

don’t get me wrong he’s not going to be getting into any top 4 sides and he is one footed but he’s a solid mid table premier league player.

Well i am able seeing the big picture instead of just looking at numbers.

By actually watching the games he just doesn't do the basics right most of the time. His general play is on average really poor. Decision making diabolical on too many occasions. Doesn't press or track back enough to what is expected of the modern day winger.

I see Traore as an impact sub but only in games where  we are already on top. In games we are getting pushed back and being dominated Traore will just make you lose more.

Buendia on the other hand both offensively and defensively is such a massive upgrade. I'm over the moon.

• Like 2

Â